talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Southampton - Saturday 8th May, 2021

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

To take it full circle, I don’t think Vestergaard is the right kind of player we’d need at the back

But if you did sign him COVID would be solved.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

What ifs don't convince me about stuff like that. If Liverpool didn't sign van Dijk, Labour would have won the last election and Corbin would be the PM. Can't prove that!

Now you're just being a dickhead. Anyone who watched Liverpool from August-December 2017 knows they weren't going on a run in the Champions League knockouts that year without that signing

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Now you're just being a dickhead. Anyone who watched Liverpool from August-December 2017 knows they weren't going on a run in the Champions League knockouts that year without that signing

It could have. You just don't know that. Did it in 2005, didn't they? Conjecture isn't an argument, mate

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

It could have. You just don't know that. Did it in 2005, didn't they? Conjecture isn't an argument, mate

Do you think you get to the Champions League final with Lampard in charge or do you think Tuchel is a key factor in how far you’ve gotten? Same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Liverpool were built on defensive solidity under Benitez, even in his first season. Comes in handy in two legged European ties. 

Glad we signed Van Dijk so he could have purple patch in 2018 though

Just now, Rick said:

Do you think you get to the Champions League final with Lampard in charge or do you think Tuchel is a key factor in how far you’ve gotten? Same thing. 

Unlikely, but very possible. There is no evidence for or against it, because it quite simply didn't happen that way. It's a pointless thing to bring up because it doesn't change or prove anything, it's just a 'what if?'. It just descends into fiction and conjecture, what if Alexander the Great didn't die at 30? Maybe football would have never had been invented, can't prove it either way. I just don't think it's a constructive discussion, outside looking at the past and using it to make different decisions in the future, but even then the future is still uncertain. It is just like Schrodinger's Cat.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool were built on defensive solidity under Benitez, even in his first season. Comes in handy in two legged European ties. 

Glad we signed Van Dijk so he could have purple patch in 2018 though

The purple patch was 2019. You call yourself a Liverpool fan, maybe LFCMadlad was right. :what: Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Just now, Spike said:

Unlikely, but very possible. There is no evidence for or against it, because it quite simply didn't happen that way. It's a pointless thing to bring up because it doesn't change or prove anything, it's just a 'what if?'. It just descends into fiction and conjecture, what if Alexander the Great didn't die at 30? Maybe football would have never had been invented, can't prove it either way. I just don't think it's a constructive discussion, outside looking at the past and using it to make different decisions in the future, but even then the future is still uncertain. It is just like Schrodinger's Cat.

Of course it’s a “what if” but if we are measuring the impact of players and managers then the performances before and after they arrived have to be taken into  consideration when you’re judging them. To say “well yeah, Liverpool looked horseshit at the back for months but I’m sure they would have switched up their form overnight and gotten to that Champiosn League final” is a bit of a stretch. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Of course it’s a “what if” but if we are measuring the impact of players and managers then the performances before and after they arrived have to be taken into  consideration when you’re judging them. To say “well yeah, Liverpool looked horseshit at the back for months but I’m sure they would have switched up their form overnight and gotten to that Champiosn League final” is a bit of a stretch. 

I didn't even say that. This whole time, the only thing I've said is that I don't think he should have been in the balon d'or voting, but apparently that is too much some to handle. I didn't say he was impactful, nor did I say that isn't a fantastic player. Would I get the same response if I said 'I don't think he is sexy' xD Then you've got Mike over here thinking that I just thought it was a 'purple patch' having a meltdown over it but I actually said that the hype was generated from a few games 'People just got a stiffy over a string of good games . As I said, people just read what they want to read.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I didn't even say that. This whole time, the only thing I've said is that I don't think he should have been in the balon d'or voting, but apparently that is too much some to handle. I didn't say he was impactful, nor did I say that isn't a fantastic player. Would I get the same response if I said 'I don't think he is sexy' xD Then you've got Mike over here thinking that I just thought it was a 'purple patch' having a meltdown over it but I actually said that the hype was generated from a few games 'People just got a stiffy over a string of good games . As I said, people just read what they want to read.

He is sexy though. 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

There was no meltdown here mate. We were having a discussion over some of the ridiculous language you used

• The topic was unpinned
8 hours ago, Stan said:

@Spike still acting like a Chelsea fan is the most disappointing thing about this conversation. Thought you'd changed...

100% skip, sometimes us midlanders have to put the miserable ‘north*’ in its place.

*the ‘north’ is South of Scotland 

11 hours ago, LFCMike said:

There was no meltdown here mate. We were having a discussion over some of the ridiculous language you used

You seemed pretty upset and a discussion isn’t completely dismissing me or not letting me clarify. You started taking the piss instantly

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I thought that was it. Why you carrying out in you freak

I have no idea what you are going on about. I thought you were taking the piss, and don’t call me a freak, you fucking cunt. 

Archived