talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Pep is still financially backed more than any other manager in the world (Apart from Emery) 

That said, it's something I admire from City. Ambition. Mix in some academy products and you lot are heading in the right direction. 

It's easy to have ambition when you have a family worth of a trillion dollars though isn't it?

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Hope not

Apparently he is very disruptive. Alright being a great player but if everyone else is playing worse then it's no good. 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

He went to PSG and demanded Cavani let him take the free kicks, Cavani told him to fuck off!

I think there is more as well. Apparently he's not that popular in the dressing room. He left Barcelona so he could be the main man and he has taken it to far. So I've read anyway

Just got up after my night shift and flicked on BT Sport for a bit. City's kids playing away to Napoli's kids.

No joke, some of the best football you'll see at that level. Even better than some senior games, not over reacting.

City 5-0 up at HT. It is a joy to watch.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Just got up after my night shift and flicked on BT Sport for a bit. City's kids playing away to Napoli's kids.

No joke, some of the best football you'll see at that level. Even better than some senior games, not over reacting.

Bet Jose would park the bus even against our youth team

1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

Bet Jose would park the bus even against our youth team

It's the culture you are developing there, encouraging players to play the same way from senior to youth level. Yes, you may cherry pick some of the better pool of youngsters from others but you're developing that talent further in your set up, it's to be admired. I wouldn't usually watch this level of football to be honest but I'm hooked. That was quality.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's the culture you are developing there, encouraging players to play the same way from senior to youth level. Yes, you may cherry pick some of the better pool of youngsters from others but you're developing that talent further in your set up, it's to be admired. I wouldn't usually watch this level of football to be honest but I'm hooked. That was quality.

Yeah I think sometimes it's easy to not notice the way teams do in the academy but I think it shows how well developed these youngsters are doing. Future is certainly bright I hope.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I love youth football. Free flowing and they have a naivety at times and do things which a lot of older players are scared to. That man city player who scored Englands fifth goal in the final is quality. I think he won player of the tournement

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We have some really good kids, hopefully we keep them all and they get a chance in the coming years 

7 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Yeah I think sometimes it's easy to not notice the way teams do in the academy but I think it shows how well developed these youngsters are doing. Future is certainly bright I hope.

That is one thing city and Chelsea deserve credit for. They've spent big bit invested in their accadamies and also their women's team which is great to see

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

We have some really good kids, hopefully we keep them all and they get a chance in the coming years 

We need to get these kids through the system. England could win the world cup with youth we have coming through if we do it right.

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I love youth football. Free flowing and they have a naivety at times and do things which a lot of older players are scared to. That man city player who scored Englands fifth goal in the final is quality. I think he won player of the tournement

Yep,  local lad Phil Foden won the player of the world cup  ..he was great on the pre season tour too with the seniors

England win Under-17 World Cup as Phil Foden inspires incredible comeback victory over Spain

England U17s 5 Spain U17s 2: Manchester City midfielder scores twice as England add Under-17s crown to summer success at Under-20s level

With five minutes left they thought they had landed it, Guehi poking over the line after Panzo kept the ball alive, but there was a fifth still to come.

It was fitting that it fell for Foden, Golden Ball winner as player of the tournament, and he accepted it with aplomb, taking a deft touch before rifling past Alvaro with power and precision.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-win-under-17-world-cup-vs-spain-phil-foden-rhian-brewster-gibbs-white-a8025086.html

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yep,  local lad Phil Foden won the player of the world cup  ..he was great on the pre season tour too with the seniors

England win Under-17 World Cup as Phil Foden inspires incredible comeback victory over Spain

England U17s 5 Spain U17s 2: Manchester City midfielder scores twice as England add Under-17s crown to summer success at Under-20s level

With five minutes left they thought they had landed it, Guehi poking over the line after Panzo kept the ball alive, but there was a fifth still to come.

It was fitting that it fell for Foden, Golden Ball winner as player of the tournament, and he accepted it with aplomb, taking a deft touch before rifling past Alvaro with power and precision.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-win-under-17-world-cup-vs-spain-phil-foden-rhian-brewster-gibbs-white-a8025086.html

Do you think he can come through the ranks at city?

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you think he can come through the ranks at city?

When you look at who he's competing with De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo, Gundogan etc and then other outstanding youth mids like Brahim Diaz it will be difficult for him  ..i can see him going over to our Spanish team for a bit (Girona) ..Messi was raving about our current youth players over there now, one marked him out the game the other week and they just beat Real Madrid

37 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

When you look at who he's competing with De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo, Gundogan etc and then other outstanding youth mids like Brahim Diaz it will be difficult for him  ..i can see him going over to our Spanish team for a bit (Girona) ..Messi was raving about our current youth players over there now, one marked him out the game the other week and they just beat Real Madrid

I think that is part of the problem with English players. Everybody always blames foreigners but players in other countries go abroad to learn. English players need to do that more. Jack Wiltshire is a good example. He would probably get less injuries in spain because of the climate and the way they play.

Richard keys has suggested that man city through the fa cup final against wigan to get rid of Mancini today. Not sure of he has any real evidence for that though. I don't think it any secret that he is hard to work with. A lot of players have said that. Tactically quite good but his man management skills are quite bad by most accounts

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Richard keys has suggested that man city through the fa cup final against wigan to get rid of Mancini today. Not sure of he has any real evidence for that though. I don't think it any secret that he is hard to work with. A lot of players have said that. Tactically quite good but his man management skills are quite bad by most accounts

Don't know if that's true but everyone at City hated him from bottom to top level, everyone!

14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Don't know if that's true but everyone at City hated him from bottom to top level, everyone!

Apparently he didn't talk to certain people like the cleaners and that. He just walked past them. One thing alex ferguson always said was that the whole of utd were a team. Including the cleaners

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently he didn't talk to certain people like the cleaners and that. He just walked past them. One thing alex ferguson always said was that the whole of utd were a team. Including the cleaners

Bet it's not like that now under Mourinho xD