talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Emile Smith-Rowe Linked With Aston Villa

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Emile Smith-Rowe Linked With Aston Villa

This is obviously a case of no smoke without fire, Villa wouldn't be bidding again if they didn't believe it was possible. Interesting they're interested after signing Buendia, possible Grealish replacement? Or do they see him as Barkley's replacement?

Anyway still think it would probably take near on double that for us to consider. I presume it's just leverage to get a better deal from us anyway. 

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

This is obviously a case of no smoke without fire, Villa wouldn't be bidding again if they didn't believe it was possible. Interesting they're interested after signing Buendia, possible Grealish replacement? Or do they see him as Barkley's replacement?

Anyway still think it would probably take near on double that for us to consider. I presume it's just leverage to get a better deal from us anyway. 

I was about to say, out of interest, how much do Arsenal consider Smith-Rowe's price to be?

Surely, we are not being serious at £50m?

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

The fact you shoved him on the wing to accommodate Odegaard after he hit a good run of form suggests you're open to the right bid, especially when you need money

43 minutes ago, shut up said:

Surely Villa know we're not going to sell ESR for anything close to £30m? 

Yeah I think it'd take something substantial to turn our heads, I can't see anyway he goes unless he pushes for it but I don't see that happening either. 

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I was about to say, out of interest, how much do Arsenal consider Smith-Rowe's price to be?

Surely, we are not being serious at £50m?

I think it'd have to be in that ball park for us to even consider selling him. All indications from his form in the second half of the season point towards him being worth somewhere in that region in the future. I mean Ben White being quoted at £50m+ after one season of top flight football shows how much decent English talent is valued at. 

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

The fact you shoved him on the wing to accommodate Odegaard after he hit a good run of form suggests you're open to the right bid, especially when you need money

I'd be shocked if we use ESR to create funds, we need more attacking/creative talent, selling him does not help that. You could be right though considering the clowns in charge. It is a bit disconcerting that Villa seem to getting traction from somewhere. 

Archived