talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Haris Seferovic - Nuno Santo Wants Swiss Striker

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't have a bad Euro's but from previous times I've seen him he's always been a waster of big chances. 

He couldn't be a Kane replacement, he'd only be a back up surely. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Didn't have a bad Euro's but from previous times I've seen him he's always been a waster of big chances. 

He couldn't be a Kane replacement, he'd only be a back up surely. 

Considering how Kane's (and others) injuries kind of puts a damper on the attack system at Spurs it's not really a bad backup to have. This also allows Nuno to rotate for other comps?

When you look at this stats however he seems to flip flop every season. Prior to the Euros he was 31 Matches with 22 goals + 7 assists  but then you look at the season before that and its 30 matches with 5 goals + 2 assists. Start going further back and its the same kind of performance cycle 1 good season - 1 bad - <insert repeater>.  I wonder if this is that post-Euro performance purchase that should be considered for a lot of players who do so well for their national teams but just don't cut it consistently for domestic football. 

I like his industry because it shows when hes willing to run and keep his team in the game and maybe he gets a better system at Spurs to help him make more of an impact.

Is Mendes his agent?

I'm always a bit weary of signings that are made after a player's just had a great tournament. Obviously, it can go both ways - the player may have just had a great tournament because they're a great player. But sometimes you see a player move for more money than they're worth or get put on wages that are too high - and it's all because of how they did in one tournament.

I think @Machado's said he's not all that clinical as a striker for Benfica - but he's looked great for Switzerland in this tournament. Also that goal record from the past season is pretty impressive - although gets a little less impressive after looking at what @Mel81x's pointed out.

I think he's simply too clumsy to be consistent. Anything difficult seems extra difficult for him.

His numbers aren't bad but far from phenomenal for the Portuguese League. A "goals missed" stat wouldn't be kind to him.

Archived