talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Squid Game (Netflix)

football forum

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure it meets the definition for light entertainment. You yourself have said you didn't put much thought into it so may be a reason as to why the deep analysis wasn't there to begin with. Not that it needs analysis per se, but a level of investment to get properly into it. 

Yea, I mean I was invested in the characters. But the way that policeman was able to sneak onto the island, had a phone that somehow never died etc. made me realize pretty soon that I'm not exactly watching a masterpiece. A lot of it didn't make a whole lot of sense if you think about it afterwards. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Viva la FCB @Tommy @Stan

I just wanted your thoughts, on my thoughts on a pretty big plot contrivance. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I agree with alot of what you said.

Now I do also agree with Tommy in part that the show wasnt a masterpiece and I wouldnt rate it with the best shows either for many reasons some of which you mention but basically theres alot of holes. I really did not like the ending at all either it just doesnt fit and didnt leave me satisfied. That being said there was alot to enjoy about the show. The marble episode was the absolute peak still for me.. the character building even within that one episode made you so invested and then ripped your heart out just like that. The game itself was super intriguing to follow along with even with a better idea of where its going to end up with every episode. Very good show overall.

• 3 months later...

Squid Game started brilliantly, but with about two episodes to go I was totally bored, and could see the ending coming a mile away.

Ended up checking out and reading what happens on Wikipedia, which was unfortunately exactly as I thought it would. Painful stuff.

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Squid Game started brilliantly, but with about two episodes to go I was totally bored, and could see the ending coming a mile away.

Ended up checking out and reading what happens on Wikipedia, which was unfortunately exactly as I thought it would. Painful stuff.

Why would you come on a thread to say you don't like the programme :ph34r:

Archived