talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who will win their first Grand Prix in 2022?

football forum

Who will win their first Grand Prix in 2022?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win their first Grand Prix in 2022?

• George Rusell
    • Carlos Sainz
    • Lando Norris
    • Lance Stroll
    • Yuki Tsunoda
    • Someone else...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Should have been allowed multiple options. Russell, Sainz, Norris all very viable. A lot of people fancy Ferrari next year, but the bookies, not so much. I'd like to see them have a pop at the title especially with Leclerc and Sainz being among the best drivers who haven't really been in that position yet. There is some logic to them being backed. Mercedes and Red Bull went hard at the end of last season (despite Mercedes lying about not updating their car after about Belgium) so it would make sense if they took a step back in 2022, at least initially. Ferrari were 3rd in last year's Constructors' Championship and they have the best resources of the rest of the teams that were able to develop next year's car earlier than RB and Merc. However, the stars have aligned for Ferrari before and they've ended up not delivering. I'm cautiously optimistic on their behalf but I'll also very much believe it when I see it.

If Mercedes are even in the mix I'll be very surprised if George doesn't win at least one race. I don't really know which way McLaren will go. You'd suggest they pretty much downed tools on 2021 after winning in Italy looking at their results the rest of the year. Norris has the speed and race craft to win a Grand Prix if McLaren have a decent car but I don't think it'll come as easy to him as Russell.

• Subscriber

Or will we get the Alpine vs Aston Martin title fight between Alonso and Vettel that everyone's been asking for, with the pair along with Ocon winning every race, and nobody winning a maiden Grand Prix in 2022? :ph34r:

Archived