• Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

It's funny because this

Lotus 1.jpg

Is far cheaper than this

Lotus 2.jpg

A second hand evora in good nick is about $100000 usd. The lotus is $125000

why would people pay that much money for a card....

• Subscriber

I've seen that lotus posted before so good.

So many leaks... I follow the reddit page and a couple you tubers. Crazy how many spoilers there are for ixalan already the full sheets! I think HOU is looking better then AKH already xD

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Yeah agreed. I just hope they don't fuck anything up. There have been too many bans recently, and R&D needed to be rotated. New faces new gameplan. We want spicy and good cards, but no one wants to be oppressed every week by the same 1 deck.

That was the issue the decks where beatable but just not fun it left very little room for brewing, if you have no answer for a turn 4 infinite combo oh too bad. Or a turn 4 ulamog that sometimes hits.

What you tube channels do you follow by the way? My main are mtg goldfish I love saffron olives deck techs and budget series, their podcast is solid too. Other than that I really like SBMTG Dev is a fun brewer I'd highly recommend if you haven't come across him before.

I regularly check out ChannelFireball. I love Mengucci's legacy content, and I am always keen to watch Reid Duke or LSV play matches. Although Reid has the personality of a wet sponge he is a master, and will walk you through every little decision. Watching those 3 has really upped my game. I also love Frank Lepore's content in terms of brewing and fun. Just a salty sarcastic dickhead, who plays a different spicy modern deck every week.

I think MTGGoldfish as a website and Saffron Olive in particular are very good for the magic community, and I think his work is important. However, while Seth is a hell of a brewer he is a poor player, to a level where I can't watch his videos and gain anything, as I just break down in frustration at his sloppy and oft embarrassing lines of play. The fact that he can't pronounce the word 'mountain' and has a voice like nails on a board doesn't help either.

Freshly Brewed podcast is my fav audio content.

• Subscriber

Ill have to check out fireball more often then i actually quite like Reid Duke. His interviews and decktechs on the side durring events are always good, he always has little pointers. 

YES! he makes so many misplays everytime. His comments on youtube like every game are a least a couple people pointing out misplays or early scoops, but it doesnt matter im more there to watch how the deck functions and hes entertaining.  I saw a picture of him recently and he looks nothing like what he sounds its kind of funny hes a big burley viking looking mother fucker with long hair and a beard. 

Paul Cheon is a good one to watch as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

BFZ Gideon is in the top 5 Planeswalkers of all time. I have had this discussion with a few people. I think new G dog is insane and all, but ally of Zendikar is amazing, and if they hadn't banned 5 cards already would be on the chopping block.

1. Jace, the vip

2. Lili of the veil

3. Dack Fayden

4. G dog.

5. Ugin.

Honorable mentions go to Chandra, torch of defiance and Karn liberated.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Tanksie said:

BFZ Gideon is in the top 5 Planeswalkers of all time. I have had this discussion with a few people. I think new G dog is insane and all, but ally of Zendikar is amazing, and if they hadn't banned 5 cards already would be on the chopping block.

1. Jace, the vip

2. Lili of the veil

3. Dack Fayden

4. G dog.

5. Ugin.

Honorable mentions go to Chandra, torch of defiance and Karn liberated.

Yeah thats about right..i picked up a playset of the new G just cus i think it will be alot better once rotation happens... i actually got 2 from packs. Youre probably right its just being over shadowed right now because the BFZ G was so ridonculous. Dack Fayden though? explain yourself! otherwise i agree with the rest.

Take control of a fucking artifact forever. In the formats where he is legal, he is stealing swords, birthing pods, Jittes, phyrexian revokers and aether vials. He also double loots as a tick up for a 3 mana walker. Fuck that shit. Too good for Modern.

• Subscriber

Take control of a fucking artifact forever. In the formats where he is legal, he is stealing swords, birthing pods, Jittes, phyrexian revokers and aether vials. He also double loots as a tick up for a 3 mana walker. Fuck that shit. Too good for Modern.

I havent played enough modern i guess :what: but yeah that sounds kinda stupid haha. Im all signed up for the pre release, going to do two at the usual store. Im excited for the set so far it seems like it will be alot of fun for sealed at the very least. Although its hard not to look to Ixalan my kind of set, i love tribal....

He isn't in modern, he too good!!! He is in commander and Legacy.

If I had the cash I would be pre releasing, but not keen for Hour of dev. Some commander playables and cool cards, but in 6 months no card other than bolas will be worth more than $5 bar a miracle. This set is going straight to hosetown.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Tanksie said:

He isn't in modern, he too good!!! He is in commander and Legacy.

If I had the cash I would be pre releasing, but not keen for Hour of dev. Some commander playables and cool cards, but in 6 months no card other than bolas will be worth more than $5 bar a miracle. This set is going straight to hosetown.

Alot of people are down on this set ive noticed. I think the sealed and draft looks alot more then AKH but i guess well see. As far as playables i cant really disagree it seems all this round of gods are made for commander. There are some really good uncommons like claim to fame i think that could see play but really overall yeah.... its like winning packs at FNM right now for AKH means nothing there kind of worthless at least in AER you could crack a push...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

@Viva la FCB You watching the pro tour? They finally gave Travis Woo some love!!!

No i havent had a chance yet, Japans timezone for me is hard to follow plus its a thurs friday. Ill probably catch up on some youtube this weekend. I saw the metagame breakdown though its pretty interesting, alot of mono R i guess rather expectantly.

One guy i follow who is my merfolk master (nikachu on youtube) got an invite to the protour from finishing 2nd in the modern gp here in vancouver in Feb. He wasnt a standard player so he wasnt sure if he was going to accept a PT invite but he found a liking to U/W Spirits. I dont have high hopes but it will be cool to see how he does as ive watched a bunch of his playtesting on MTGO and i play Spirits/Merfolk myself.

Archived