02/11/2020 - Leeds 1-4 Leicester

Recent Form
Leicester - WWLWD
Leeds - LLLLD

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life after Bielsa starts here then.

No idea how Marsch intends to set up so it will be interesting to see what he does differently.

But I'm more interested to see how the players respond and if a new start gives them a lift. There is no doubt confidence has been shot to pieces recently and you can see that when the first goal goes in to clinicality in front of goal.

• Administrator

Thought Bamford and Phillips would be back for this so kinda glad they won't be. 

Vardy possibly starting for us gives us a much bigger edge going forward. Would be great if we could keep a clean sheet again... 

• Subscriber

Maddison and Ricardo out. You just never feel like we can fully turn a corner with these injuries. That means probably Albrighton at right back. I'd guess our team will be the same that started at Burnley but Lookman in for Ricardo and Albrighton shifted. I quite like the idea of bringing Vardy on nowadays. I'd be fine with him starting Daka again even if Daka has struggled a bit of late (though I never felt Burnley was a good opposition for him).

I feel a bit better about this game after Tuesday but I'm not getting carried away by it either as most good results became false dawns, though in truth our league season has nothing really to play for anyway. We aren't getting Europe and as I suspected we'll never be in any serious danger because we will pull the odd result out like at Burnley.

Bielsa feels like a really hard manager to follow. I don't think there'll be a big reaction from them for some reason.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Maddison and Ricardo out. You just never feel like we can fully turn a corner with these injuries. That means probably Albrighton at right back. I'd guess our team will be the same that started at Burnley but Lookman in for Ricardo and Albrighton shifted. I quite like the idea of bringing Vardy on nowadays. I'd be fine with him starting Daka again even if Daka has struggled a bit of late (though I never felt Burnley was a good opposition for him).

I feel a bit better about this game after Tuesday but I'm not getting carried away by it either as most good results became false dawns, though in truth our league season has nothing really to play for anyway. We aren't getting Europe and as I suspected we'll never be in any serious danger because we will pull the odd result out like at Burnley.

Bielsa feels like a really hard manager to follow. I don't think there'll be a big reaction from them for some reason.

Thought Maddison could be an option? Rather be cautious and not aggravate an injury, so if that means he's fully fit for Thursday onwards then fair enough.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Thought Maddison could be an option? Rather be cautious and not aggravate an injury, so if that means he's fully fit for Thursday onwards then fair enough.

If it's precautionary then I'd just sit both out and think that's the most sensible option. Rennes has to be the priority.

Decent half. We look good going forward, whilst being a little more cautious of closing down space for Vardy and Barnes when Leicester counter. 

In all honesty, we've blown 2-3 grest opportunities to take the lead.

There are Leeds fans on social media dismayed the foul on Rodrigo isn't a penalty. 

Firstly, I don't like to see things like that given as a penalty. I think Robertson had one at Brighton last season and I thought it was off then.

However, we had this given against us at Chelsea in injury time in December. Exactly the same.

Soyuncu made the same challenge on Rodrigo. So you can see why the frustration happens when there is no consistancy.

Sigh. Absolutely robbed. Why is it every little thing goes against you when you are in a bad moment?

We've played well, created some great chances. Schmeichel made some key saves, probably Man of the Match. We had a couple penalty shouts. Defended well, Meslier practically a soectator, and yet you lose to a goal against the run of play.

And to cap it all, the last sub we make gets a hamstring injury 2mins after coming on, stunting any decent comeback you try to make as you have 10 men.

In truth, we missed far too many chances and that's on us. If you don't take your chances, you pay the price. This was the stat before Leicester scored by the way...

Screenshot_20220305-140632_Twitter.jpg

Leicester created one decent opportunity and nothing else pretty much all game. The fact they kept a clean sheet is remarkable.

You'll look at us today and its clear to see we are not one of the three worst sides in this league. Far from it. On another day, we win that game 2-0 and no complaints.

There will be sides around us that get 3pts for far less and honestly, it's just frustrating. Absolutely nothing to show for the good football.

We need that bit of luck you need to change the momentum. And that's the cruel reality of Football. 

• Administrator

We've got a lot to thank Kasper for after that! Wouldn't say we were totally outplayed by Leeds but they had far more clear cut chances. 17 shots doesn't really say much - only 4 or 5 maybe really decent chances.

Think Soyuncu. Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall had good games but Kasper gets man of the match for me. 

Goal was against the run of play for sure and came whet Leeds probably had their best spell of the game. 

Two clean sheets in a row. Unheard of this season for us! 

It's not all bad @Lucas- 3 pts in Gloryhunter... 

• Subscriber

You've got to be totally honest, that was even luckier than the Wolves win on the opening day. I mean we needed a couple of results for sure but I still think there's a hell of a lot to fix. What's good is that some players are coming good again. I feel like the likes of Soyuncu and Barnes have both picked up of late. Dewsbury-Hall is a revelation - I think he's our next captain and if we had a POTS vote tomorrow, I'd probably give it to Maddison but he'd be a close second, and that's some accolade to say he hardly featured until November.

I never thought we were seriously in trouble but I did think if this week went wrong we could be, but all fears are eased. Midtable it is.

• The title was changed to Leicester City 1-0 Leeds - Saturday 5th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived