talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern Munich (1) 1-1 (2) Villarreal - Tuesday 12th April, 2022

Just now, Stan said:

I thought Bayern and PSG were pretty much out and rejected it from the outset. I could be wrong! 

Yeah they did reject, but I believe that the concept of the Super League was also to have those teams in it. That's what I meant, the teams who were apart of it, and then the teams that they wanted involved consistently, were all teams who have made up the finalists for close to two decades. Villarreal would be the first team in the final (if they made it) who were not on the Super League's radar due to lack of size and impression on the Champions League.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought Bayern and PSG were pretty much out and rejected it from the outset. I could be wrong! 

I believe his point was that they were invited to be in the league.  Bayern, PSG, and Dortmund all declined to participate but they were approached.

• Subscriber
On 12/04/2022 at 23:30, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Upamacano is the worst defender playing regularly for a top team.

I've never seen this bloke have a good game, I swear.

On 14/04/2022 at 01:20, Viva la FCB said:

Ive got a few thoughts. Firstly we dont have the personnel to employ a back 3. We where clearly better with our favoured 4 2 3 1 and it naturally fits our squad much better. The back 3 did work earlier in the season at times but I think the lynch pin of that was Alfonoso Davies. He went out with Covid and then subsequently myocarditis and all of a sudden were stuck playing Gnabry/Sane/Coman as 2 wing backs in a back 3.. to their credit specifically Sane and Coman did their jobs tracking back but just isnt the same. As a function of not having the personal Lewy and Müller have been basically invisible for the last idk 10 matches? theres literal 0 service other then lobbing in hopeful crosses, nothing is played through the middle anymore and we look void of any creativity. This match might come as a shock to some but we just played Augsburg on the weekend and literally created 0 chances from open play over 90 mins. Got away with a lucky handball in the box to steal a win but this isnt an isolated incident and even look back to the Salzburg tie it was much of the same in the first leg.

Injuries played their part as well, maybe argueably Hernandez but other then that Süle has easily been our best CB this season he missed the keys matches and Upa is fragile and prone to mistakes. Goretzka has been out for 4 months nearly? but most importantly as I mentioned earlier Davies was the one injury we could not make do with at least while forcing a formation that makes no sense. 

The summer will see some change and hopefully and seemingly getting some personal to make Nags favourite formation work. Basically until that happens this season was a write off due to his inflexibility and its been frustrating as hell for 3 months to watch and see this coming. 

You're going to win the Bundesliga. I'd give @Dannys remaining nut to win the 2 Bundesliga. Don't talk to me about write offs from your ivory fucking tower. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're going to win the Bundesliga. I'd give @Dannys remaining nut to win the 2 Bundesliga. Don't talk to me about write offs from your ivory fucking tower. 

You're not wrong but I'm pretty much in agreement with Tommy on this one in that it's Dortmund's failure in us winning the title again. We dropped so many points in the new year.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived