The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 33 Fixtures - 16-20th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Whiskey said:

We were there for the taking too, we only started having a proper go in the 85th minute onwards and nicked a point.

Kept saying to my old man Leicester shouldn't be leaving this open, then boom, Richarlison scores in the last minute.

There's no killer instinct with Leicester IMO, all a bit too nice.

I've seen a lot of people in the last day talking about yesterday in that subbing Amartey on for Mendy was the error. I'm not sure it was, the error was the fact we were forced into doing that in the first place because we had no serious killer instinct. Everton's first half was appalling but we never made you pay for it. He did what he always does nowadays - slows things down and tries to micro-manage a tougher situation for 90 minutes rather than making it far easier and gunning for a team when we're on top.

What I mean is after 15 minutes, I think we all thought we had it in us to have that game sewn up by half time.

But we didn't. We stopped going for you. We stopped attacking. We tried to close it out and as always seems to be the case, we caved in at the end after you'd built up some pressure.

You probably deserved the point on the balance as well and I find it ridiculous. We restrict ourselves. We put a glass ceiling above our own heads.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I've seen a lot of people in the last day talking about yesterday in that subbing Amartey on for Mendy was the error. I'm not sure it was, the error was the fact we were forced into doing that in the first place because we had no serious killer instinct. Everton's first half was appalling but we never made you pay for it. He did what he always does nowadays - slows things down and tries to micro-manage a tougher situation for 90 minutes rather than making it far easier and gunning for a team when we're on top.

What I mean is after 15 minutes, I think we all thought we had it in us to have that game sewn up by half time.

But we didn't. We stopped going for you. We stopped attacking. We tried to close it out and as always seems to be the case, we caved in at the end after you'd built up some pressure.

You probably deserved the point on the balance as well and I find it ridiculous. We restrict ourselves. We put a glass ceiling above our own heads.

Yeah I just didn't get it at all from your perspective, I'd say we were abysmal last night (which we were, but that's been the story of our season) but I was honestly expecting you to be out of sight at HT, the fact that we were somehow still in the game just gave me that bit of hope. We never really looked like scoring, but then a few bobbles later and it's 1-1.

That's why I said originally that Rodgers won't see next season. There's too much potential in your squad to be mediocre.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah I just didn't get it at all from your perspective, I'd say we were abysmal last night (which we were, but that's been the story of our season) but I was honestly expecting you to be out of sight at HT, the fact that we were somehow still in the game just gave me that bit of hope. We never really looked like scoring, but then a few bobbles later and it's 1-1.

That's why I said originally that Rodgers won't see next season. There's too much potential in your squad to be mediocre.

Like I say, no killer instinct, and whatever we once had has gone. I think there was a time in Rodgers reign where we were 3 up at half time in that game. You can't pin that on the level of player on the pitch like you arguably could at Newcastle, that was near enough our first XI and it's the same result.

Points thrown away in the last 10 minutes in 5 of our last 13 league games - and 4 of them were in injury time. It's disgraceful.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived