Wednesday 8th June, 2022
Netherlands vs Poland
Wales vs Belgium

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Abraham starts up front. 

Ward-Prowse and Rice as the defensive midfielders. Tomori partnering Maguire at the back.

Sterling, Mount & Grealish just behind Abraham.

Think Ramsdale might end up edging Pickford out of the team with his kicking. I don’t think Ramsdale will be about world class level anytime soon but I think he’s gunna be stepping above Pickford for England.

I like seeing Mount play a central role rather than on the wing and him and Grealish interacting is good fluidity for us. Rice and Ward-Prowse have shown a decent passing range too.

There was one moment where Ward-Prowse won the ball back in their half but was at a dodgy angle so decided to play the ball over the top of Italy’s defence. Abraham came short and the ball went long, feel like it was a good move from JWP in a tight space with not a lot of options and it didn’t come off because him and Tammy don’t play regularly together and the reading of each other’s play wasn’t there.

If we’ve had any problems today it’s that, lack of cohesion but to be expected when you’re giving out game time. Overall a decent half but the chances dried up after the initial flurry.

Grealish not disproving the notion that he should be a super sub, been decent on the ball outside the area but he should be much more direct too

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Declan Rice just cannot be the lone DM in a team that’s looking to be more progressive on the ball. 

Plays in a back 3 for West Ham and is more of a box to box there. Think it’s why Kalvin Phillips plays whenever he’s fit as he stayed on the pitch at the Euros when Rice was subbed 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Think Ramsdale might end up edging Pickford out of the team with his kicking. I don’t think Ramsdale will be about world class level anytime soon but I think he’s gunna be stepping above Pickford for England.

I like seeing Mount play a central role rather than on the wing and him and Grealish interacting is good fluidity for us. Rice and Ward-Prowse have shown a decent passing range too.

There was one moment where Ward-Prowse won the ball back in their half but was at a dodgy angle so decided to play the ball over the top of Italy’s defence. Abraham came short and the ball went long, feel like it was a good move from JWP in a tight space with not a lot of options and it didn’t come off because him and Tammy don’t play regularly together and the reading of each other’s play wasn’t there.

If we’ve had any problems today it’s that, lack of cohesion but to be expected when you’re giving out game time. Overall a decent half but the chances dried up after the initial flurry.

Grealish not disproving the notion that he should be a super sub, been decent on the ball outside the area but he should be much more direct too

I think Pickford will comfortably be number one. And rightly so. 

Despite the off-the-ball pressing, I sense we're not speedy or dynamic enough on the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think Pickford will comfortably be number one. And rightly so. 

Despite the off-the-ball pressing, I sense we're not speedy or dynamic enough on the ball. 

I dunno, if we’re looking at playing the ball out Ramsdale has better distribution and is calmer than Pickford. But I do get what you mean, Southgate loves Pickford

• Subscriber

Pickford has been England's best and most reliable goalkeeper in my lifetime and Ramsdale isn't even that good yet. Pope had a better case at his peak.

I like Ramsdale and I think he'll be the next one eventually. I could understand him getting fast tracked if Pickford became a problem for England but at this point in time the debate is premature.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Pickford has been England's best and most reliable goalkeeper in my lifetime and Ramsdale isn't even that good yet. Pope had a better case at his peak.

I like Ramsdale and I think he'll be the next one eventually. I could understand him getting fast tracked if Pickford became a problem for England but at this point in time the debate is premature.

Considering the season Ramsdale has just had for Arsenal I think it’s a fair debate to have. Think the issue atm is less Pickford being better than Ramsdale and more Southgate reluctance to move away from players who have been proven to perform for him

• The topic was unpinned

Archived