• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3.Liga and below 2022/23

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Coma said:

@Rucksackfranzose what happens if Freiburg II finish in the promotion spots in 3. Liga?  Do the clubs below them just move up a spot to claim an auto or playoff spot?

If Freiburg II will finish on one of the two top spots, the third-placed team will be automatically promoted, the fourth-placed team will be playing in the promotion/relegation play-offs, and the fifth-placed team will be automatically qualified for next season's DFB-Pokal, since second teams are banned from the cup, also.

7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

If Freiburg II will finish on one of the two top spots, the third-placed team will be automatically promoted, the fourth-placed team will be playing in the promotion/relegation play-offs, and the fifth-placed team will be automatically qualified for next season's DFB-Pokal, since second teams are banned from the cup, also.

I figured.  Has this happened before?

Hats off! 1860 show some courage, they signed Maurizio Jacobacci as their new manager! Had to google him, worked as a manager in Switzerland at many clubs, was manager in Liechtenstein (Vaduz), Austria, France (Grenoble) and Tunisia (CS Sfaxien, til this February). It's safe to say he's an experienced manager, still has no history in German football let alone 3.Liga. Allegedly he came to 1860 because of an iniatitive application, which would make for a nice anecdote. Like it, if our competitors take incalculable risks.

18 minutes ago, Coma said:

@Rucksackfranzose Osnabrück and Saarbrücken this coming weekend.  Battle of the Brücke, and for fourth position.

I know , will probably make for a fiery athmosphere at Ludwigspark on Saturday. By the way, if you're interested both NDR, as well as SR will broadcast this match live.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

@Rucksackfranzose I have meant to say this sooner, but congrats on winning the Derby today! When I checked the score, Mannheim were leading, but I'm happy you managed to turn it around! 

Thanks, the only goal I saw indeed was the Waldhof one. Was buying beer while our two goals were scored within 3 minutes.xD Well I'll watch the summary on Magenta TV.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2023 at 21:56, Rucksackfranzose said:

Sehr schön! If we continue playing like this the other teams will find it hard to push us away from the promotion play off or even direct promotion spot.

That draw against Zwickau looks awful but on the whole you guys have been taking points in big matches against big opponents.  Meppen up next has to be 3 points.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to love our second goalkeeper Tim Paterok. In an interview with a SR journalist he said we deserved to get promoted anyway. When the journalist asks for the reasons his response was "Because we are FC Saarbrücken:" xD Give him a second job as club spokesman.

• 2 weeks later...

SV Elversberg promoted to 2. Bundesliga one year after being promoted to 3. Liga.

Just did some reasearch and apparently they have a Hoffenheim kind of thing going on with their chairman/investor?

29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

SV Elversberg promoted to 2. Bundesliga one year after being promoted to 3. Liga.

Just did some reasearch and apparently they have a Hoffenheim kind of thing going on with their chairman/investor?

Not entirely correct- they do have a patron, still contrary to Hopp Frank Holzer, a former FCS Buli player by the way, holds back on operational decisions, although he's the supervisory board's chairman. the club's chairman is his son Domenik, though. Don't know how much of a Frank Holzer puppet he is if at all, to be honest. Holzer didn't show any intentions to either undermine the 50+1 rule or to acquire some of the club's shares, though; and Elversberg are still a pure eV, to be perfectly fair.

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

SV Meppen, fucking shit up for everyone in the promotion race.

That league table looks unreal. So much could happen at the last matchday. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived