talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru National Team Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Cannabis being a melt as usual

What happened was simple: we didn't get past the group stages and that simply isn't good enough. Even when James got his move to Real Madrid, or Navas, they both had reached the quarter finals and had more time to prove themselves. 2 losses out of 3 isn't a lasting impression. I'm still confident Tapia and Trauco will end up at big clubs some day.

Before the Copa America 2016, we had 90% of our squad playing within Peru. Now, almost our entire squad is playing abroad and most are the stars of their team. 

Ruidiaz: star and top scorer at Monarcas and he's gaining a reputation at Seattle very quickly

Yotun: I've seen some Orlando fans on twitter say he's the best signing they've ever made.

Hurtado: star at Vitoria de Guimaraes

Farfan: one of the best players at Lokomotiv and that's not even to speak of his time at Schalke or PSV.

Guerrero: best player at SA club level full stop.

Aquino: not one of the stars but has a good reputation in Mexico.

Cueva: was the star of São Paulo before he began complaining.

Advincula: star at Lobos and I'm extremely confident he'll be the star at Rayo.

Gallese: deemed as too good for Veracruz and linked with Boca.

Of course though Cannabis (as well as Marc and Teso) won't ever listen to reason and will only try and ridicule me. Gets boring.

Guerrero has been dropped recently.

But most of those players aren't at clubs with status and the MLS isn't really an advancement is it?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's what I meant.  Hoping the World Cup would show that they're good enough.  I know Blue has come out with the example of Keylor Navas who he feels is discriminated against due to his nationality (Costa Rican) and that maybe Peruvians suffer a similar sensation where European football is concerned.

But it's true, you don't choose to accept it, but you've got to build a name within you and your only chance to do that is at tournaments.

Ecuador has qualified for most world cups in my lifetime and they are still viewed as minnows as they never impress. Colombia qualified for 1 and they get their players make big moves. There is talent everywhere in the world, but if your national team doesn't impress, they won't pay attention to you.

I've actually spoken once to Molde's club director when I was trying to start as a scout/agent and he told me that Peru surprised him. That they were dynamic and played good footy, which makes me think there is another issue, and that is probably the fact the agents here are awful. Part of a reason Chile has had so much success with players is because of Fernando Felicevich, who is now the 6th most powerful agent in the world. He has offices now in Peru but doesn't seem to care. Our main agent, Elio Casareto on the other hand is sending Carrillo to places like Al Hilal for his own selfish reasons. He uses "playing time" as an excuse which I don't buy for a second.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Guerrero has been dropped recently.

But most of those players aren't at clubs with status and the MLS isn't really an advancement is it?

Guerrero has been dropped because of the whole doping scandal, he's not allowed to play for a bit.

As for the clubs, yeah they might not be big teams, but say in Hurtado's case, he's one of the most consistent players in Portugal outside of the top 3, doesn't that suggest to you perhaps he should be at a bigger team?

Same with Ruidiaz at Monarcas really. 40+ goals in 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Guerrero has been dropped because of the whole doping scandal, he's not allowed to play for a bit.

As for the clubs, yeah they might not be big teams, but say in Hurtado's case, he's one of the most consistent players in Portugal outside of the top 3, doesn't that suggest to you perhaps he should be at a bigger team?

Same with Ruidiaz at Monarcas really. 40+ goals in 2 years. 

On the Guerrero issue, I've been told by a colleague of mine at work who's a Flamengo fanatic that the coach has dropped him because his level has considerably reduced. Infact they're playing much better recently and Luan is now their star.

Just now, SirBalon said:

On the Guerrero issue, I've been told by a colleague of mine at work who's a Flamengo fanatic that the coach has dropped him because his level has considerably reduced. Infact they're playing much better recently and Luan is now their star.

I might have misread something. I haven't been watching Flamengo but he's still a bit rusty. He was at the World Cup as well. Still, on form there is no player that comes close to his level for clubs in the Western Hemisphere.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

@Blue having a meltdown after a simple question as usual. Betting has been suspended on another car crash thread like the good old days. 

You said your objective from the World Cup was for your players to get moves. I asked if they had. How the hell is that me being a melt you whopper?!

If this is what you classify as a meltdown, then you are pretty easily amused/annoyed.

nah, you were trying to ridicule me. Don't even play that innocent game with me. I wasn't born yesterday.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

From Monarcas to seattle sounders 🤣🤣 every footballer's dream moves 

To be fair, Monarcas to Seattle is a step up. Albeit not a very big or ideal one.

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

To be fair, Monarcas to Seattle is a step up. Albeit not a very big or ideal one.

It’s absolutely meaningless in European eyes though. Infact the ignorance surrounding those Confederations in Europe would say its a considerable step down. The Mexican league is an established football culture whereas the North American equivalent is seen as a pension scheme. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

It’s absolutely meaningless in European eyes though. Infact the ignorance surrounding those Confederations in Europe would say its a considerable step down. The Mexican league is an established football culture whereas the North American equivalent is seen as a pension scheme. 

It was hard to turn the move down for him. He was offered a DP contract, so he'll get the marketing and the money. It's a step down in the league and football culture, but Seattle is a better team than Monarcas.

As much as I like Ruidiaz, I'm not sure he would have gotten on well in Europe to be honest. He's peaked now.

27 minutes ago, Marc said:

Cannabis and Balon trolling, love it.

in sure one of the quotes from @Bluebead:

’If Tapia has a good World Cup, he could move to Real Madrid or Barcelona, I’m not even joking’ 

But he didn't have a good World Cup, so you're obviously fishing for something that didn't happen. Amateur.

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You lot on half do wind up @Blue

Don't bite brian they're like piranhas smelling blood 

It's quite funny, they tag me asking a question to get a bite and when I call them out for it they play the "I'm innocent" game. Absolute melts.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

It's quite funny, they tag me asking a question to get a bite and when I call them out for it they play the "I'm innocent" game. Absolute melts.

I know what you mean but you do get wound up to easily. You've mentioned mental health issues before so I get why. But at the same time this is a football forum full of 20 to 30 something working class men so they are gonna push your buttons if you get upset easily.  Try not to take things to heart so much mate. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Got any idea where that epic clash of Titans will be @Blue

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but it is said that it will be in DC.

The next squad is out. Gareca is doing exactly what I hoped he'd do. Also, Horacio Calcaterra is Argentine and has been nationalized as a Peruvian. The last time we had one was Julinho I think?

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Realistic expectations against those 2 sides @Blue?

I think we have what it takes to beat the Netherlands. I don't know what they've been planning but they've been gash the last 2-3 years.

Germany are the kings of losing in friendlies, but despite that and their recent poor form, I still think they'll be a bit too much for us.

On 19/08/2018 at 09:49, Marc said:

The result doesn’t matter mate. Just as long as the Peru players get big moves just like they all did after the World Cup as @Blue predicted 

Buddy, honestly stop following me around and posting unnecessary recycled shit. I don't think anybody but you care.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Buddy, honestly stop following me around and posting unnecessary recycled shit. I don't think anybody but you care.

Blue, I’m agreeing with you. You predicted and hoped that the Peru players would get big moves and they did. Saudi Arabia, MLS, Russia to name a few. Let’s hope it continues.

Archived