talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 3-0 Chelsea - Sunday 21st August, 2022

football forums

2 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

I hoped this might happen but was quite surprised it did.

Chelsea hate us and the rivalry is mutual on our side - they are always up for us. We have a a weird mental block around them and only them. Last week, in the first half, was the only time I've seen Chelsea play well in a very long time.

The warning signs were there last week. They can complain about the referee all they like but both of our goals were easily avoidable if they'd defended properly (Jorginho for the first and their failure to mark a corner for the second) and Leeds ruthlessly exploited it today. They didn't seem to know what they were doing going forward other than hoping Sterling would pull something out of the hat. It seems like Tuchel has an aversion to actual strikers.

Tuchel is such a passive-aggressive knob as well. 

Leeds were brilliant and I'm pleased for Marsch. He's done everything he was asked to do when he joined Leeds and, from outside the club, received very little credit. This was a statement victory.

This is a likable Leeds team as well. My dad is a Man Utd fan and I would get a look of withering contempt if I said I hope they stay up but why not, it's exciting and he doesn't know I post on this forum...

The warning signs were there for Chelsea in the first match against Everton. Their football was iffy and they only won by a penalty to a less than full strength Everton. I posted before the match today how Chelsea supporters felt about the form fluctuations because I felt this might happen.

Leicester next and if Chelsea don't absolutely thrash them then they might be in trouble.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned

Pressure Jorginho, we struggle. Simple as that. 

People want to bang about our need of a ST, but for every imbalance in the squad, it all stems back to having a weak midfield. 

- Havertz thrives in a 2 ST system but we can't play that because we have weak CMs. 

- Mount and Gallagher thrive in a midfield 3 but we can't play that as we don't have a CDM. 

- Pulisic and Ziyech thrive in a 2 man midfield but we can't play that because we don't have a proper CDM. 

- Kante and Kovacic are the only two players who can play in the pivot but they are far too injury prone. They are also both too similar so space will always be left. 

- Jorginho is far too weak defensively to play as a lone CDM and isn't good enough to start in a pivot for a club competing for the league. 

I think Tuchel is a very smart man, but not addressing the midfield this summer will be very questionable. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Pressure Jorginho, we struggle. Simple as that. 

People want to bang about our need of a ST, but for every imbalance in the squad, it all stems back to having a weak midfield. 

- Havertz thrives in a 2 ST system but we can't play that because we have weak CMs. 

- Mount and Gallagher thrive in a midfield 3 but we can't play that as we don't have a CDM. 

- Pulisic and Ziyech thrive in a 2 man midfield but we can't play that because we don't have a proper CDM. 

- Kante and Kovacic are the only two players who can play in the pivot but they are far too injury prone. They are also both too similar so space will always be left. 

- Jorginho is far too weak defensively to play as a lone CDM and isn't good enough to start in a pivot for a club competing for the league. 

I think Tuchel is a very smart man, but not addressing the midfield this summer will be very questionable. 

I get the point you are making is that you should probably sign someone for that role but can't Ruben Loftus-Cheek surely play in the defensive centre mid spot?

Surely he can do a job that allows the others to flourish in the systems as you state.

I really don't get this playing him RWB malarkey. So odd.

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I get the point you are making is that you should probably sign someone for that role but can't Ruben Loftus-Cheek surely play in the defensive centre mid spot?

Surely he can do a job that allows the others to flourish in the systems as you state.

I really don't get this playing him RWB malarkey. So odd.

No. Doesn't have the tactical nous to play as a DM nor the defensive capabilities. His only strength is carrying the ball and that is genuinely it. 

RWB is genuinely all that he is good for. I don't mind it. 

Archived