1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png        VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
11/05/2022 - Leeds 0-3 Chelsea
11/12/2021 - Chelsea 3-2 Leeds
13/03/2021 - Leeds 0-0 Chelsea

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have played two games with Pascal Struijk at Left Back. We all know he is not  LB and it's shown in both games, but he's doing his best.

I'm sure Tuchel is more than clued up on us but IMO, If Chelsea don't play Reece James as a RWB, I'll feel a bit more positive than I currently do about the game. He could go really big here.

Hope Bamford is fit to start. Against those centre backs, we need someone who can apply some form of physical threat.

I would drop Jorginho since he can't keep making mistakes that lead directly to an opposition goal and be a starter. I would also bench Kai he can't finish shit. Broja should get a start, he can't come on every game at the 85th minute and get "game time".

Expect a high scoring affair. From what I've watched from Leeds so far, I'd be surprised if they don't have one of the most conceded xG in the league, if that's a thing. Chelsea been struggling to keep clean sheets or keep the opposition away from their goal at all.

Shame Broja is out, would like to have seen him being given a chance and drop Harvertz for a game, Hoping Gallagher gets a start... 

Don't know what to expect here, We have looked pretty solid despite conceding against Spurs but again need to be clinical when it matters or all our possession is for fuck all... 

Are you going today @Lucas?? 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Shame Broja is out, would like to have seen him being given a chance and drop Harvertz for a game, Hoping Gallagher gets a start... 

Don't know what to expect here, We have looked pretty solid despite conceding against Spurs but again need to be clinical when it matters or all our possession is for fuck all... 

Are you going today @Lucas?? 

No not today mate. I went to Saints last week, my next game is Brighton away next week.

I don't expect anything today tbh. Bamford will be missing but not just that, I think you'll really enjoy attacking us out wide. We've looked really vulberable pre season and first two league games so a top side like you should exploit that. Especially as we play a centre back as left back. Reece James could go wild if he plays RWB.

Mason Mount seems to enjoy playing us two so i expect him to score today. To tell you the truth, id take a point and run now. We will need a lot of things to go our way to get something.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

No not today meant. I went to Saints last week, my next game is Brighton away next week.

I don't expect anythibg today tbh. Bamford will be missing but not just that, I think you'll really enjoy attacking us out wide. We've looked really vulberable pre season and first two league games so a top side like you should exploit that. Especially as we play a centre back as left back.

Mason Mount seems to enjoy playing us two so i expect him to score today. To tell you the truth, id take a point and run now.

Bamford reallz started to suffer from injuries lately or is it just me?

Just now, True Blue said:

Bamford reallz started to suffer from injuries lately or is it just me?

Last year was brutal for him, he hardly played.

The problem after so long out is finding that rhythm again to playing back to back games and he came off a precaution last week early.

They are trying to protect him but the other solution would be to just buy a god damn striker and accept you might only get 12-15 games from Pat. It really frustrates me given you'd think we'd learn from last year.

44 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't expect anything today tbh

I would like to think we have enough about us to win this but it will depend if we are clinical or not when those chances come... Mount has had a bit of an underwhelming start for us this season..

Leeds make one change from the side which let a 2-0 lead slip last weekend against Southampton and it's a big one: Patrick Bamford fails to make the starting line-up with a going injury.

The forward was a doubt after coming off during the draw with the Saints, but it's a blow nonetheless. Daniel James will start instead.

Leeds XI: Meslier, Kristensen, Koch, Llorente, Struijk; Roca, Adams; Aaronson, Rodrigo, Harrison, James

Chelsea recover from their latest 'Battle of the Bridge' as N'Golo Kante is replaced in midfield by Conor Gallagher.

Again, the change was expected as Kante is expected to be out for a few weeks with a hamstring problem.

But it's a big moment for Gallagher, who makes his full Chelsea debut. A proud moment for the academy graduate.

Chelsea XI: Mendy, James, Silva, Koulibaly; Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Jorginho, Cucurella; Mount, Havertz, Sterling

• Administrator

Back 4 for Chelsea? Or is James still a RCB, and Loftus-Cheek/Cucurella as wing-backs?

Still think James is restricted there, but Loftus-Cheek was one of the best players on the pitch last week against Spurs...

• Administrator

Chelsea already with an early chance. Sterling with acres of space and Leeds not good enough to stop him getting to the centre of the box to shoot. Should hit the target.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Such a scrappy game so far... 

Leeds' high press and energy proving difficult to overcome. And their final ball is letting them down.

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-0 Chelsea - Sunday 21st August, 2022
  • The title was changed to Leeds 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 21st August, 2022
  • The title was changed to Leeds 3-0 Chelsea - Sunday 21st August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived