20/02/2021 - Liverpool 0-2 Everton

Recent Form
Everton - DDWDL
Liverpool - WWLDD

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've reached peak "numb to it" playing these now. I don't care how shite they are so far this season. They'll turn up here, we'll surrender about 70% possession or more, try and shithouse a 0-0 or 1-0 and probably fail. And even if we do nick a result, the discourse around the match will be so toxic and unpleasant that it won't be worth it.

Thought Klopp had a terrible day. Starting both Elliot and Carvalho in the midfield was ridiculous, they are lightweight and offer nothing defensively. Then his substitutions were bad, Trent off for Milner possibly one of the worst he’s ever done. Milner was run ragged and went ended up having to bring on Matip to we could put Joe at RB. 

Was yet another of those games where we made plenty of chances but didn’t take them. So frustrating. We need to get our fucking act together because we should have beaten these lot. Lucky that city dropped two points. 

• Administrator

Must be the quietest Merseyside derby ever :ph34r:.

Everton should have got the win following the pressure they had in the final 15-20. Liverpool unlucky not to have led before then. Coady's goal rightly disallowed. Pickford world class - properly stepped up. Van Dijk should have been red carded, surprised VAR didn't even check it. Studs on shin is red. Peter Walton is a melt. 

• Subscriber

We escaped with a draw here. I honestly thought they'd have gotten a second goal had the first one gone in. To me it seems like we haven't learned our lesson yet or there's something being tried to incorporate a different style of play. But, whatever it is, it's not working and Pickford was my MOTM.

• The title was changed to Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Saturday 3rd September, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived