talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

6 for me was like a cheap action film with so many cut scenes and I kinda wished I had gotten around to RE7 when it came out as I spent time on some other game first (cant remember which).

The best thing about Resi 6 was my save being corrupted. I'd already done Leon's part and was in the early stages of Chris's when it happened. Meant I had a reason to never play it again. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Top 5 Resident Evil games ever played? I mean there are so many its a hard list to pick from as they've had some stellar titles over the years but I'll give it a shot.

1. Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube
  2. Resident Evil Remake - Gamecube
  3. Resident Evil 7 - PS4
  4. Resident Evil 2 : Remake - PS4
  5. Resident Evil 3 - Dreamcast

Tbh I can never keep track of any of the Resident Evils lol

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well I hate the controls, but I really like the game. It’s fun being a Jedi with flashy graphics

For all the shit I give EA. Its actually a good game. Take your time and run through the various planets picking up stuff it comes in handy later.

• Upvote 1

@Mel81x @nudge ... did either of you find this game to be much tougher combat wise than you were expecting? I’m so shit with the timing of my parrys, which leads to me getting hit way more than I’m anticipating. Tough game. But a good game.

If the answer to that question is no, then I just might be a shit Jedi.

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

For all the shit I give EA. Its actually a good game. Take your time and run through the various planets picking up stuff it comes in handy later.

Did you ever play the Titanfall games (which are also Respawn games)? Titanfall 2 was a game I was sure EA would fill up with their typical anti-consumer bullshit... instead it was just a great game and all the DLC was just cosmetic (and unlockable by just playing the game). I’m going to keep trusting EA games by Respawn until they burn us all by going the route of... every other developer EA took over.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Mel81x @nudge ... did either of you find this game to be much tougher combat wise than you were expecting? I’m so shit with the timing of my parrys, which leads to me getting hit way more than I’m anticipating. Tough game. But a good game.

Which difficulty level did you choose? I started on the easiest story mode but it turned out too easy, so I went up one level to Jedi Knight difficulty and it was just about right for me... 

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Which difficulty level did you choose? I started on the easiest story mode but it turned out too easy, so I went up one level to Jedi Knight difficulty and it was just about right for me... 

I’m on Jedi Knight. I’ve actually had a much easier time just playing extra defensively though, which makes sense for a Jedi. But I had been wanting to be going crazy on the lightsaber like Darth Maul so hopefully once I learn more cool sword and force tricks that’ll make me the aggressive psychopath Jedi I aspire to be

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m on Jedi Knight. I’ve actually had a much easier time just playing extra defensively though, which makes sense for a Jedi. But I had been wanting to be going crazy on the lightsaber like Darth Maul so hopefully once I learn more cool sword and force tricks that’ll make me the aggressive psychopath Jedi I aspire to be

xD maybe lower the difficulty for a while and then change it back to Jedi Knight once you learn more tricks?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did you ever play the Titanfall games (which are also Respawn games)? Titanfall 2 was a game I was sure EA would fill up with their typical anti-consumer bullshit... instead it was just a great game and all the DLC was just cosmetic (and unlockable by just playing the game). I’m going to keep trusting EA games by Respawn until they burn us all by going the route of... every other developer EA took over.

I played it on Knight level from the start and the parrying never really bothered me as much partly because I found it a bit slow frame-wise. Then again the same game played by a friend showed me that I was better at parrying but totally worthless as combining other special powers to turn situations to my benefit. 

I have played the Titanfall games and I like them as well but I found them a bit too short campaign-wise.

Let me also state for the record that what ID Software did with the latest Doom is probably the best way to teach people game mechanics. They let you try it out for a bit before throwing you back into the game. It does take you away from the action but you aren't left experimenting in-game with it.

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I finished RE3:NEMESIS today and have to say it was quite a good experience. Granted the boss fight at the end was a bit dull and made quite easy (maybe harder on higher difficulties) but overall its quite a good experience. Have you finished it yet @Bluebird Hewitt?

Admittedly, I haven't played it again since my initial post. As it's the Easter weekend, I should have time to play it more. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Admittedly, I haven't played it again since my initial post. As it's the Easter weekend, I should have time to play it more. 

It's actually a pretty easy and quick run through even if you go hunting for all the weapons and secrets as well.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Azeem said:

Going to start Ori and the Will of Wisps

You'll like it. Started playing it and thought it was really good.

Currently playing Hades - Early Access. 

Thinking I'll try Katana Zero over the weekend seen some good reviews on it. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/04/2020 at 21:07, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Forgot to mention @Mel81x that I played it a bit more last weekend and have now........ 

got to the hospital and have given Jill the vaccine (not before a Hunter slit my throat at near perfect health mind) and now have to deal with the zombie and Hunter wave. I died on the very last zombie because it was infected and had that stabby head........ thing. I was fucked and had no healing items.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Forgot to mention @Mel81x that I played it a bit more last weekend and have now........ 

Hide contents

got to the hospital and have given Jill the vaccine (not before a Hunter slit my throat at near perfect health mind) and now have to deal with the zombie and Hunter wave. I died on the very last zombie because it was infected and had that stabby head........ thing. I was fucked and had no healing items.

I think that's one of my favourite things about this remake. They just take away ammo from you if you misuse it but I also think that for crowd control those little electric boxes are very useful. I tried to save as much grenade launcher ammo I had for all the hunters instead of lobbing them into the crowd. Also, why did I put this in a spoiler lol 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Hide contents

I think that's one of my favourite things about this remake. They just take away ammo from you if you misuse it but I also think that for crowd control those little electric boxes are very useful. I tried to save as much grenade launcher ammo I had for all the hunters instead of lobbing them into the crowd. Also, why did I put this in a spoiler lol 

Probably because I did. xD

But it does help others that might not have played the remake yet, even if they played the original. 

• Upvote 1