talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Georginio Rutter to Leeds United

football forum

Leeds United are very close to signing Hoffenheim's 20 year old French forward Georgino Rutter, for a transfer fee of £35.3 million. Hoffenheim, who recently signed Danish international forward Kasper Dolberg on loan, have decided to cash in on Rutter. Leeds will look to Rutter to improve the firepower in their attack. I think that this is a good deal for both clubs.

Leeds United transfer news: Georginio Rutter close to signing from Hoffenheim in club-record £35.3m deal | Football News | Sky Sports

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I asked the question here with our German contingent as I'd never heard of him

From what I have gathered, he is very promising with bags of potential although at his age, far from the finished article which is reflected in his finishing.

What worries me is that I don't think we can necessarily afford the luxury of buying potential and patience at this current time, and by paying a fee like that, if he struggles to adapt and doesn't score a few goals, I can see the fans getting frustrated.

But we shall see. Looks to be very close now. We've had a mixed bag with our signings in recent times but there's always the hope we pull another Raphinha out the hat.

Will bring Leeds' spending up to about £135m this season. Obviously in terms of net spend they haven't spent a lot, but this is a serious outlay to still potentially be in a relegation battle. The signings need to work quickly.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah I asked the question here with our German contingent as I'd never heard of him

From what I have gathered, he is very promising with bags of potential although at his age, far from the finished article which is reflected in his finishing.

What worries me is that I don't think we can necessarily afford the luxury of buying potential and patience at this current time, and by paying a fee like that, if he struggles to adapt and doesn't score a few goals, I can see the fans getting frustrated.

But we shall see. Looks to be very close now. We've had a mixed bag with our signings in recent times but there's always the hope we pull another Raphinha out the hat.

Well, he is not a hopeless lump like Jean-Kevin Augustin, I'll tell you that. To be honest I have been very impressed with Rutter since he emerged over the past couple of seasons. He has speed to burn, he loves to take on players and dribble past them and he works very hard for the team. His finishing could perhaps do with improving, but he is a player who makes a positive difference more often than not in my opinion. He has also represented France at practically all youth levels. So he is a highly rated young prospect. 

I mean he is a very good forward, with a lot of potential, and Leeds fans should be happy that he is joining the club. But at the same time, I am sure that Hoffenheim will be very pleased that they are getting £35.3 million for him, a record transfer fee for Leeds United as I understand it. Having said that, I think he will do very well at Leeds. 

31 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well, he is not a hopeless lump like Jean-Kevin Augustin, I'll tell you that. To be honest I have been very impressed with Rutter since he emerged over the past couple of seasons. He has speed to burn, he loves to take on players and dribble past them and he works very hard for the team. His finishing could perhaps do with improving, but he is a player who makes a positive difference more often than not in my opinion. He has also represented France at practically all youth levels. So he is a highly rated young prospect. 

I mean he is a very good forward, with a lot of potential, and Leeds fans should be happy that he is joining the club. But at the same time, I am sure that Hoffenheim will be very pleased that they are getting £35.3 million for him, a record transfer fee for Leeds United as I understand it. Having said that, I think he will do very well at Leeds. 

Sounds very promising, I hope he can aclimiatise quickly to the league so he can help us have an upturn in results.

The one big thing I like is what I've read about his pace, we could do with more of that in our side and I like the fa t he will take on and dribble at defenders.

Those kind of players are a bit of a dying breed.

We got a 'Here We Go' from Fab so this one's practically done.

Leeds sources said we haggled the upfront fee down but offered more bonuses so whether they end up materialising or not, we'll see.

Will have no chance of making the Villa game but there's every chance he might make an appearance in the Cup replay home to Cardiff or the Brentford home game a week on Sunday.

Yep, he's in now.

Ironic that Bamford came back off the bench last night but him and his chipstick legs will probably go again soon.

Looking forward to seeing him off the bench hopefully v Brentford. He can't feature v Cardiff in the cup because he wasnt registered for the first game.

Ounahi hopefully next.

Archived