talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hertha BSC Thread

• The title was changed to Hertha BSC Thread
  • 2 weeks later...

Although Hertha BSC are dreary on the pitch, you have to admit off the pitch they're as entertaining as HSV in the last time. After having given Bobic leave of absence recently now they're trying to terminate his contract without notice for club-damaging behaviour.

http://www.rbb24.de/sport/beitrag/2023/02/fussball-bundesliga-hertha-fredi-bobic-kuendigung-bernstein.html

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Although Hertha BSC are dreary on the pitch, you have to admit off the pitch they're as entertaining as HSV in the last time. After having given Bobic leave of absence recently now they're trying to terminate his contract without notice for club-damaging behaviour.

http://www.rbb24.de/sport/beitrag/2023/02/fussball-hertha-fredi-bobic-kuendigung-bernstein.html

"Die aufgerufene Seite existiert nicht mehr."

:( I wanted to laugh at Hertha and Bobic.

8 hours ago, Michael said:

I think it's a good idea to open this thread. As a capital club, they have generally speaking been huge underachievers, especially in recent years. Union Berlin have embarrassed them this season, in terms of good performances and results.

As have Reinickendörfer Füchse, TeBe Berlin Viktoria Berlin, Berliner FC Dynamo, Polar Pinguin and many other capital clubs. We don't have threads for them, neither.:ph34r:

Seriously, them being from Berlin is no reason, why they should do better than any other club from any other city or town. Also I don't see any of our numerous US American, Australian, or Canadian forum members bemoaning DC United, any team from Canberra and whatever is Ottawa's team are  respectively, not being successful enough, although these are the capital's teams. Berlin's significance to Germany is much more comparable to these capitals, than Paris's or London's to France and the UK.On a side note, considering the city's financial background Hertha aren't underachieving, but rather overachieving. By this I'm saying, if every German enterprise would sponsor a local team as much as they can no Berlin team were nowhere near the 2 top tiers.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

According to Financial Times 777 partners didn't pay 100M Euros for Windhorst's Hertha shares, like it was reported but only 65M 50M of which would have been charged with a loan Windhorst received from 777partners. Hertha BSc would be in an enen more precarious financial situation, if true. 

• Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

😢

I can empathise with you feeling sad about this signing. Karbownik played very well for Dusseldorf at the end of last season. Had Dusseldorf been promoted, you would no doubt have signed him permanently. But as it has gone, Hertha Berlin have bought him from Brighton for only £2 million.

I think this is an excellent signing for Hertha Berlin, as I can see the 22 year old really improving on his already undoubted talent. He is already a Polish international and I believe he will be a regular in the Polish starting 11 very soon, to add to the 4 international caps that he already has. As well as Brighton and Dusseldorf, he has also represented Olympiacos and Legia Warsaw, during his young career. He won the Greek League title with Olympiacos and he has won the Polish League title twice with Legia Warsaw. Hertha have done very well to have signed him and for such a low transfer fee as well. 

• Sad 1