talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game is BACK

football forum

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dan said:

New tactic because I'm so bad at this I might as well just utilise it.

Screenshot_20240405_011422_bet365.jpg

I though about doing this too xD

So will do similar 

Screenshot_20240405-070909.png

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I though about doing this too xD

So will do similar 

Screenshot_20240405-070909.png

That top one is really good I think. If Ipswich are going to win you can see there being a few goals.

• Subscriber
On 05/04/2024 at 01:16, Dan said:

New tactic because I'm so bad at this I might as well just utilise it.

Screenshot_20240405_011422_bet365.jpg

xD you know what I've been doing this wrong all season haven't I? I could've promoted Leicester by February.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Saka, Kane, Haaland and Vinicius, 1 SOT each

Skyboost 5/1. £10 wins £60.

The one plus point of the evening. Flew in before HT with how those games went.

£50 richer this evening as a result too.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Have a bit of a thought on next season - I'm tempted to make it so you can stake either £5, £10 or £20 on any given week. Obviously this is just pretty much allowing you to back something heavily or lightly and obviously you'll take a harder hit should you lose.

Happy to stick with just tenners but think it could make it a bit more dynamic (not sure this is the word but xD)

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Have a bit of a thought on next season - I'm tempted to make it so you can stake either £5, £10 or £20 on any given week. Obviously this is just pretty much allowing you to back something heavily or lightly and obviously you'll take a harder hit should you lose.

Happy to stick with just tenners but think it could make it a bit more dynamic (not sure this is the word but xD)

Don't mind it.

Perhaps have a limit of how many times the £20 can be used in a quarter or a season? Or once a month?

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Works for me. Follows more the principles of what you'd call "good betting" where you obviously don't put the same stake on bets with different odds.

On 10/04/2024 at 01:10, Dan said:

I don't mind it.

Either that or keep the regular £10 play and incorporate maybe the £25 one maybe 6 or 7 times during the season with the caveat that on that designated week of your choosing, we all use the £25 one so its easier to track. Makes those weeks quite unique when they come round so you can try to maximise profit.

Something I was gonna suggest also at the end of the season so it encourages people to keep betting, if you go maybe two/three weeks without a bet, you incur a £10 fine.

I thought about this earlier in the season when I had a big win and thought, you could just sit on that. Or if someone didn't play for like like 3 or 4 weeks, it keeps the competition active. Seems a littke harsh you can have people that participate every week and be so far behind someone that's maybe bet like half or a quarter of the bets.

• Subscriber

image.png.ff5dde978a44cf8e51e4ba1923cab54f.png

Playing a bit risky again here. Reading have been decent on the whole and Barnsley getting a whiff of negativity about them. Preston's price is really quite generous here for me. They've picked up 37 points at home to Norwich's 21 away and I was listening to this thing about "away fatigue" earlier, teams who play away after a midweek game have been struggling and Norwich are one of the worst offenders - apparently only picked up 3 points from 12 away games afterwards. I just think there are quite a few things going in Preston's favour here, 3.25 is very kind.

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20240412_210004_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9da2a4d431dfdd9fe4de8b82ac2d0082.jpg

Doing a "normal" bet this week.

Maidenhead have had O2.5 in their last 7 home games with BTTS in 6 of them. Gateshead have had BTTS in 5 of their last 7 away. Generous odds for this one.

Bournemouth get a lot of corners, especially at home. Their last ten corners for - 6, 7, 6, 8, 11, 3, 10, 11, 9, 9 with the 3 coming against Man City. Man Utd concede a lot of corners on the road - 7, 12, 4, 4, 4, 10, 8, 15, 14, 12. I've gone ambitious here but I can easily see Bournemouth getting 8+ corners here. 

• Subscriber

Got robbed on the second leg. Bournemouth were one corner short for me but there was a shot in injury time that clearly deflected wide off a United defender but the officials gave a goal kick. Ah well.