Barcelona vs Real Betis, 20.00

Sunday 17th September, 2023
Getafe vs Osasuna, 13.00
Villarreal vs Almeria, 15.15
Sevilla vs Las Palmas, 17.30
Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad, 20.00

Monday 18th September, 2023
Granada vs Girona, 20.00

Joao Félix is quality when he has his day. Such a talent but needs to learn how to unleash it more consistently. Maybe he can for Barcelona. 

Lewandowski now getting back into scoring form.

I can see Xavi's strongest front 3 as Yamal - Lewy - Félix as the games go by. Torres has improved this season, but for me is better as an impact sub. As for Raphinha, he's talented but he's not the player Barcelona need to go forward at all.

Balde starting this season as he was last season, brilliant.

Liking this team, it's only going to keep improving. 

3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Joao Félix is quality when he has his day. Such a talent but needs to learn how to unleash it more consistently. Maybe he can for Barcelona. 

Lewandowski now getting back into scoring form.

I can see Xavi's strongest front 3 as Yamal - Lewy - Félix as the games go by. Torres has improved this season, but for me is better as an impact sub. As for Raphinha, he's talented but he's not the player Barcelona need to go forward at all.

Balde starting this season as he was last season, brilliant.

Liking this team, it's only going to keep improving. 

Hopefully João Felix can find again his best form. He was so good at Benfica. 

On Raphinha, I agree. That was actually a weird signing. The numbers could prove it otherwise, but the eye-test says he's not a good fit for a team coached by Xavi. Tje way I see, his passing is a bit erratic for a team like Barça, that puts so much emphasis on ball possession. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Hopefully João Felix can find again his best form. He was so good at Benfica. 

On Raphinha, I agree. That was actually a weird signing. The numbers could prove it otherwise, but the eye-test says he's not a good fit for a team coached by Xavi. Tje way I see, his passing is a bit erratic for a team like Barça, that puts so much emphasis on ball possession. 

Raphinha looked good when he came on yesterday, but when he starts, the team doesn't have the same fluidity in attack.

Yamal really looks the real deal. It's one thing when a young player bursts onto the scene and scores a few goals, but another is when they have such exceptional close control, vision and make a joke of experienced professional players. Fati, before injury, had potential to be a top player(well he still can be) but Yamal has something extra about him for me. He gives you potential generational talent vibes. The same with Pedri when he first broke into the team a few years back.

Speaking of Pedri, when he's back, who will be the 3 in midfield, barring Xavi sticks with the 4-3-3 from yesterday? De Jong, Pedri, Gavi, Gundo, Romeu...lots of options. 

Also, with there being a natural right back at the club now in Cancelo, who gets dropped out of Araújo, Koundé or Christensen? All 3 have been excellent. Then there is Iñigo Martínez now, which means 4 top centre backs. Xavi has a real headache.

Yesterday Ferrán, Raphinha, Félix and Yamal all had minutes and did something.

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

How about you pay us for Ferran & Cancelo first xD

On the other hand though mate, without the likes of Txiki Begiristain and Pep, you would probably be like Chelsea/United now and spending shitloads but not having constant success. With these fellas, you're guaranteed success. A favour for a favour and all that :ph34r:.

10 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

On the other hand though mate, without the likes of Txiki Begiristain and Pep, you would probably be like Chelsea/United now and spending shitloads but not having constant success. With these fellas, you're guaranteed success. A favour for a favour and all that :ph34r:.

xD

I've been reading this was the best RB performance in a Barcelona shirt since Alves and what a goal he scored. Absolute baller. No wonder that despite the rumoured attitude problems, the clubs at the very top are still looking for him.

Man City - Bayern - Barcelona is a move not many could afford.

• The topic was unpinned