talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023-2024 Sack Race

• Subscriber

I think this is probably done isn't it? I can see a few leaving after the season but not before. Outside chance the Forest owner does what Leeds did last year and sacks another one if they're in the bottom three with 4-5 left but aside from that I don't see anyone getting the bullet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I think this is probably done isn't it? I can see a few leaving after the season but not before. Outside chance the Forest owner does what Leeds did last year and sacks another one if they're in the bottom three with 4-5 left but aside from that I don't see anyone getting the bullet.

In the unlikely event you get relegated (on the basis that 2 other teams + Sheff Utd are worse than you), are you in favour of keeping Dyche? 

Or would you expect fresh faces in summer, starting with the manager? To be honest, question still applies even if you stay up!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

In the unlikely event you get relegated (on the basis that 2 other teams + Sheff Utd are worse than you), are you in favour of keeping Dyche? 

Or would you expect fresh faces in summer, starting with the manager? To be honest, question still applies even if you stay up!

The problem is, there's nobody in charge to make that decision, we (literally) can't afford to sack another manager and his coaching team, and above all else, there's nobody else who considers taking over Everton who can do any better.

I'm not impressed by him at the moment though. Just had a three week break between games and come back to put out the same team with the same tactics and deservedly lost to one of the poorest and out of form teams in the league. It hasn't gone down well. If the ownership situation wasn't what it is you'd have widespread calls for a change in my opinion and he couldn't make any excuses either after 12 without a win.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The problem is, there's nobody in charge to make that decision, we (literally) can't afford to sack another manager and his coaching team, and above all else, there's nobody else who considers taking over Everton who can do any better.

I'm not impressed by him at the moment though. Just had a three week break between games and come back to put out the same team with the same tactics and deservedly lost to one of the poorest and out of form teams in the league. It hasn't gone down well. If the ownership situation wasn't what it is you'd have widespread calls for a change in my opinion and he couldn't make any excuses either after 12 without a win.

Crazy if you think you’re better than Bournemouth

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Crazy if you think you’re better than Bournemouth

That's not what I said though is it? They were on 35 points before we played them and we'd have 31 without deductions, we beat them 3-0 in the reverse fixture. The only other league games they've won in 2024 were Burnley and Luton. They're one of the poorest teams in the league and in almost as bad of a run as us, which is what I actually said. They have very little to play for and we were desperate for a win. It was a winnable fixture for all of these reasons and by all accounts, we were not just beaten but comprehensively outplayed. It isn't a good enough response to an 11 game winless run when you've just had a three week break to hit the reset button.

None of what I've said there is even remotely controversial and I never said we were "better than Bournemouth" in the first place.

59 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's not what I said though is it? They were on 35 points before we played them and we'd have 31 without deductions, we beat them 3-0 in the reverse fixture. The only other league games they've won in 2024 were Burnley and Luton. They're one of the poorest teams in the league and in almost as bad of a run as us, which is what I actually said. They have very little to play for and we were desperate for a win. It was a winnable fixture for all of these reasons and by all accounts, we were not just beaten but comprehensively outplayed. It isn't a good enough response to an 11 game winless run when you've just had a three week break to hit the reset button.

None of what I've said there is even remotely controversial and I never said we were "better than Bournemouth" in the first place.

No but you’ve definitely alluded to them being a bad side which just isn’t the case. I don’t think losing to them, and of course you can talk about your own performance here and that is separate, but I dont think losing to them is cause for concern when they have a lot of talent in their squad and a talented manager who is playing an impressive brand of football this season. They may not have won much in 2024 but they havent lost much either, which suggests theyre a difficult team to beat.