talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The 2023 countdown to Christmas thread

football forum

• Subscriber

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

giphy.gif

Had a few hours kip but will head back off to bed shortly as we are going around our daughters for Christmas dinner.

The daughter texted to say that wee Kaiden is in a hypo mood and said he won't sleep tonight as he is too excited but I think he crashed out around 23:00 hours. xD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Around our daughters for Christmas dinner, eating off a small table with all the bits & pieces and a bit of chicken dropped on the floor, looked down to pick it up and it was gone by the big lump of a cat in Avocado, all I saw was a pair of big eyes, a paw and chicken & cat vanished to his hideaway. xD

1963769011_download(3).thumb.png.5b414ef87d9c4be127bf2d5f52538cda.png

download.png.399712671bcf65f6cce00f784c949111.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 30/11/2023 at 13:55, Lucas said:

I quite like Christmas but it'll be the first one in about 8 years where I'll not be looking forward to it at all this year sadly. Dreading it infact.

So instead, I've volunteered to work the Christmas day lunch at a kitchen near me to serve people who are either homeless or can't afford a hot meal on the day and I'll pop in and see family in the evening.

One of the most rewarding days I've ever experienced, got to meet some truly lovely people.

Time absolutely flew by. One minute it was 11am and all the prep was going on, next time I looked, it was half 4 and I was running late to go see my own family. 

Feel so enlightened for it. Merry Christmas everyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Merry Christmas/Boxing Day everyone!

With a bit of luck this will be my final Christmas that is ruined by assignments. Next year I plan to firmly spend the two weeks off drinking beer, eating chocolate and visiting as many pubs as possible.

But this year wasn’t so bad, some nice presents, good food, good company and fiery arguments caused by a level of competition that only a quiz can cause!

• Wow 1