talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scotland 0-1 Hungary - Sunday 23rd June, 2024

Here is to hoping that Scotland get the win that they need today. I like some aspects of this Hungarian team and Sallai has been excellent for me so far at these Euros, but it would be great to see Scotland qualify for the Round of 16 and extend the stay of the Tartan Arm. The Scottish fans have been amazing. Scotland happen to be the oldest team at these Euros and they will have to draw on all their experience today to get the 3 points, as it will be a very tough challenge against very competent opponents.

Edited by Michael

Weirdly deferential approach from Hungary. As soon as they started engaging a bit higher they made a few good opportunities.

Although it makes some sense since it seems obvious that this Scotland team is not remotely set up to create chances against a deep defence.

Edited by Inverted

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Scotland have been disappointing in this 1st half, they've hardly created any chances. I expected more from them after their decent performance against Switzerland.

I think it's just the level they're at quality wise.  Hopefully they can score in the second half. 

21 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think it's just the level they're at quality wise.  Hopefully they can score in the second half. 

Well yeah, maybe, but I've seen them play much better than this in the recent past. Scotland didn't even have a single shot at goal in the 1st half, never mind a shot on target. That's terrible really.

Edited by Michael

• Administrator

Scotland have been pretty shit considering they have to win. 

That's why the game against Switzerland, where they did actually do alright, should have been the 3 points and why a draw wasn't the best. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Scotland have been pretty shit considering they have to win. 

That's why the game against Switzerland, where they did actually do alright, should have been the 3 points and why a draw wasn't the best. 

If they should have gotten 3 points against the Swiss, then they should be getting 3 points against a weaker Hungarian side.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

If they should have gotten 3 points against the Swiss, then they should be getting 3 points against a weaker Hungarian side.

I agree? They should be getting 3 points against Hungary. 

But I didn't say they 'should have' got 3 points vs Switzerland. I was saying that the other day it wasn't a 'great result' to only get a draw. It was 'better' for them to win in their penultimate group game as opposed to leave it til the final group game where the pressure is higher.

Worrying. It is still quite hard to see how the injury happened.

He was completely knocked out cold and on the replay I was looking at the Hungarian guy running closest to Ralston and Gunn, but it wasn't him that got hit.

Edited by Inverted