• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Archie Gray Joins Tottenham

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The title was changed to Archie Gray - Likely to Join Tottenham

I'm gutted to see him go so soon. I thought we'd likely keep him another season at least and sell Summerville, Gnonto, Meslier etc but is such a heavy price to pay not going up. Changes your whole outlook which is why it annoys me to see cheats profit still but that's another matter.

Anyway, he is a generational talent. Hands down best we have produced to date, and he's going to get better and better. He can play a few positions but midfield will be where he'll grow best. So composed on the ball for 18, nothing seems to faze him.

£40m is an absolute steal too. Spurs will double that fee in no time and we'll be looking on in envy. Can't help but feel Leeds have undersold yet again and will wait for what the 49ers comments when its done.

Is it a clause? Is it for PSR reasons? Either way, they have sold someone who wanted to stay for the time being and its upset the Gray family from those behind the scenes.

@Storts You are going to love him. I was hopeful we'd maybe get a loan back for a season but I think he's probably already able to compete for a place at Spurs so can't see it.

Sad to see Brentford fans turning on their board,  they are a very small team with the smallest revenue pool that competed against a power team.   Brentford have made shrewd signings all down to the work of Giles and co.   If they want to get rid of him then the saying "be careful what you wish for" rings true. 

• The title was changed to Archie Gray Joins Tottenham