talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game - 2024/25

football forums

• Subscriber
On 16/08/2024 at 17:11, Dan said:

I fear this'll be a theme this season, however, my first £20 stake is in and I can't leave these odds.

image.png.6ecdf8b3dffe45f7cac57e9a04665385.png

They won 8 of their first 10 last season. They're well set. We're a complete shambles - as ill prepared as I've ever seen us for a season (although the last two weren't great either). I nearly went even heaver than -1 but lets play it safeish. I'd not advise against anybody backing -2 or even -3 to be honest. For me Spurs should be about 1.4 to win here and they're 1.6.

This has actually gone up to 2.75 so I'll be taking that. Milking all I can from this xD 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

This has actually gone up to 2.75 so I'll be taking that. Milking all I can from this xD 

Mine's gone up to 5/4. So an extra £3 return...

• Subscriber
On 13/08/2024 at 01:52, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.c8f2477904c38a09649032e765fe9a67.png

New season. New colour scheme. New entry matches my total number of wins in one week as I've managed in now 45 attempts.

@RandoEFC takes the early lead. Goes in heavy on two expected winners in European leagues and both deliver pretty comprehensively. Pretty sound strategy.

The newcomer is @Smiley Culture, somebody I remember playing this years ago. One bet, one win. Can't be sniffed at even if I make that the smallest win in the games history. Green on the board.

@CaaC (John) and me with blanked doubles on the EFL opening day. Same old rubbish from me, I can tolerate the Bristol City one as that was a bit of a long shot but ones like Rotherham piss me off. No excuses for that. @Stan takes me off the bottom on alphabetical order as he's very unluckily let down by expected runaway winners Birmingham after landing a very decent pick with his other.

Mediocre start. Could've been better.

image.thumb.png.a7bc09541bf8f44153a74400057dd974.png

Truly vile second week. @RandoEFC retains his lead at the top by only being £1.10 down while @Smiley Culture is somehow stung on a 1.25 shot. @CaaC (John) was the most ambitious but in truth got nowhere near.

Me, @Stan and @...Dan all utilised £20 singles and showed exactly how not to do it. Dan bust early in the week although came fairly close in the end despite Twente's early 2 goal deficit. Me and Stan both heavily backed against our own team and to be fair, I think for almost an hour you could be forgiven for seeing why that happened, but I think we're both quite happy to lose this time around. Pleasantly surprised with a strong fightback.

It's an absolute shocker on the whole though. In-fact, as a result of £20 stakes being a thing, I make this the worst week in the games history in terms of overall.

Decided to now include a 'score' box too for anybody who may be interested.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I'm in Portugal and can't access any odds on bet365 so I'll be giving this weekend a miss.

What I will see is that I'm devastated that I didn't bet on a Leicester +0.5 or +1.0 Asian Handicap after seeing Dan and Stan's bets this weekend. Absolutely nailed on that Leicester would do just well enough to ruin your bets without actually delivering 3 points xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm in Portugal and can't access any odds on bet365 so I'll be giving this weekend a miss.

What I will see is that I'm devastated that I didn't bet on a Leicester +0.5 or +1.0 Asian Handicap after seeing Dan and Stan's bets this weekend. Absolutely nailed on that Leicester would do just well enough to ruin your bets without actually delivering 3 points xD.

I was fully expecting 0-1 - bust both of us while Leicester lose.

My record on this game man. How is it even possible to be this bad?

• Subscriber

image.thumb.png.0e0d4b91b39af8da169ef21117954d21.png

Aberdeen are in very good form anyway and I think Kilmarnock if they had it their own way would sack this game off given they're in the midst of their tie against Copenhagen.

Fortaleza is very much something that's been flagged up on a podcast I listen to - they're well overpriced if you look at their home form, 30 points from 12 games, against Corinthians away form of 6 points in the same period. I think you've got to take that really.

Under 4.5 each for a couple of boosted odds, as neither are likely to be high scorers IMO.

• Subscriber
On 23/08/2024 at 21:03, Dan said:

Aberdeen are in very good form anyway and I think Kilmarnock if they had it their own way would sack this game off given they're in the midst of their tie against Copenhagen.

Fortaleza is very much something that's been flagged up on a podcast I listen to - they're well overpriced if you look at their home form, 30 points from 12 games, against Corinthians away form of 6 points in the same period. I think you've got to take that really.

Under 4.5 each for a couple of boosted odds, as neither are likely to be high scorers IMO.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Upvote 1

On 23/08/2024 at 21:03, Dan said:

What’s the podcast mate? Think it would be right up my street by the sounds of it. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

What’s the podcast mate? Think it would be right up my street by the sounds of it. 

Matchbook Betting exchange. I came across it once, they preview 4 PL games and then the people on there just throw out a few random other tips. I've long been a fan of Mark O'Haire - this was his pick. Just a very good spot.

51 minutes ago, Dan said:

Matchbook Betting exchange. I came across it once, they preview 4 PL games and then the people on there just throw out a few random other tips. I've long been a fan of Mark O'Haire - this was his pick. Just a very good spot.

I will give it a listen, cheers. Like you, I’m a big fan of Mark, going back to his I Love Betting days, he was always really good to chat to on Twitter and put me on to different bits and pieces. 

• Subscriber
On 21/08/2024 at 22:46, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.a7bc09541bf8f44153a74400057dd974.png

Truly vile second week. @RandoEFC retains his lead at the top by only being £1.10 down while @Smiley Culture is somehow stung on a 1.25 shot. @CaaC (John) was the most ambitious but in truth got nowhere near.

Me, @Stan and @...Dan all utilised £20 singles and showed exactly how not to do it. Dan bust early in the week although came fairly close in the end despite Twente's early 2 goal deficit. Me and Stan both heavily backed against our own team and to be fair, I think for almost an hour you could be forgiven for seeing why that happened, but I think we're both quite happy to lose this time around. Pleasantly surprised with a strong fightback.

It's an absolute shocker on the whole though. In-fact, as a result of £20 stakes being a thing, I make this the worst week in the games history in terms of overall.

Decided to now include a 'score' box too for anybody who may be interested.

image.thumb.png.b232e8139570a94bbbc33e82df58558c.png

My earliest table in quite a while. Must be bored. Must have nothing going on. Must be some sort of reason that I've actually gotten it together early no?

I pick up my first win in 10 months. Despite playing every single week possible in that period. A truly pathetic record but at least the monkey is off my back. Both teams won their games and neither rained goals, to collect the biggest win so far this season and take me to 2nd - an all time high position, but not quite high enough to steal top spot.

@Smiley Culture compounds a very tight top three with another win, again, matching my total number of wins ever, in just three attempts.

@CaaC (John) loses both picks again in a pretty optimistic double. @...Dan's safer on paper pick had the same outcome. Think the unluckiest player this week is @Stan. Seem to be noticing a theme of you backing goals in Gateshead games, might have to look into this. They deliver no issue, and two of the three aspects of the Villa/Arsenal bet pay out, but there are only 5 corners meaning its a loss - one that would've otherwise left him top of the league.

It's three loss making weeks so far, but at least we're not in the sort of territory of last week and as we know the margins are very fine.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I will give it a listen, cheers. Like you, I’m a big fan of Mark, going back to his I Love Betting days, he was always really good to chat to on Twitter and put me on to different bits and pieces. 

They offer a decent take on the whole, think football only bettor from Betfair is along similar lines. I probably prefer the latters format to be honest. They probably overanalyse quite obvious outcomes on matchbook when they're often having to focus on their chosen four PL games. Huge revelation - we think Liverpool will beat Brentford at home. But I reckon it's probably worth a few points a season on bets and predictions to give them a listen.

Contrary to popular belief I am actually quite interested in how we're perceived and analysed from outsiders too which led to me listening to not the top 20 podcast last season and I really rate that as a podcast. Genuinely informative and knowledgeable on all 72 clubs and I often agreed with their takes on us - you could tell they did their research. They do a betting show themselves on Thursdays and I find like the others that's worth a few points a season. Though the problem with NTT20 is that their cases are often good enough to push me into betting on the EFL and I really do think it's such a minefield, there's much better value out there and the teams really are much of a muchness for the most part.

• Subscriber

I'm going to stick my first selection in here for tomorrow night.

Leicester v Tranmere - Leicester to win and under 3.5 goals. Odds are 13/10 (2.30). Think that's a very generous price. Gets 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and 2-1 wins on board. Can see any of those. Tranmere's results so far: 0-0, 0-0, 1-0 win. We aren't going to be a particularly strong attacking team this season, pretty dysfunctional, I think we win the game but I don't see much in it for us either. Just think given we're 2/7 to win the game this is a pretty generous boost, I really don't envisage us hammering them even though we ought to be able to. We beat them 2-0 in this round a year ago as it happens.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Think the unluckiest player this week is @Stan. Seem to be noticing a theme of you backing goals in Gateshead games, might have to look into this. They deliver no issue, and two of the three aspects of the Villa/Arsenal bet pay out, but there are only 5 corners meaning its a loss - one that would've otherwise left him top of the league.

Fuming as I was toying with that Villa/Arsenal pick, or Stoke vs West BTTS and Over 2.5 goals. Of course that came in fairly early too xD

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm going to stick my first selection in here for tomorrow night.

Leicester v Tranmere - Leicester to win and under 3.5 goals. Odds are 13/10 (2.30). Think that's a very generous price. Gets 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and 2-1 wins on board. Can see any of those. Tranmere's results so far: 0-0, 0-0, 1-0 win. We aren't going to be a particularly strong attacking team this season, pretty dysfunctional, I think we win the game but I don't see much in it for us either. Just think given we're 2/7 to win the game this is a pretty generous boost, I really don't envisage us hammering them even though we ought to be able to. We beat them 2-0 in this round a year ago as it happens.

xD 4-0 in the 90th minute. We're back. Another early pick dies on me. Another back against Leicester falls against me.