Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Andrea Pirlo Retires

football forum

Legend of the game. One of the best midfielders of this generation.

Pressureless, technical, creative and most of all classy. One I'll for sure tell my kids about.

His intelligence of the game sets him apart. Vastly overrated by some, but still one of the best midfielders of his generation. 

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His intelligence of the game sets him apart. Vastly overrated by some, but still one of the best midfielders of his generation. 

pretty much this. 

his achievements speak for themselves. Countless domestic titles and a World Cup & Champions League to boot. Not to mention the plethora of individual accolades he has, too.

In the mid-2000s, I thought him and Gattuso were the perfect midfield pairing. Gattuso had the energy and tenacity to win the ball back from the opposition, whilst Pirlo could dictate the overall game.

An outstanding talent, and pretty much the first person I think of when the term 'deep-lying playmaker' is used (which most of the time is in Football Manager admittedly).

• Upvote 1

damn.. they all retire, one after another. only Buffon left. PLEASE TAKE ME 10 YEARS BACK!