talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Faithcore & Friends

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Regarding snakes: came across one fine, green, almost 2 meter long specimen in my balcony a few days ago xD

When I saw your facebook post a few days ago:

tenor.gif?itemid=5671200

• Subscriber

I've got some Viva related news; My best friend got engaged a couple weeks ago, I figured i would be in the wedding party and stuffs but he just asked me to be his best man. I have not been in a wedding party before nor best man so im excited :banana:

Also curious if anyone has any experience in this sort of thing? I know im responsible for the bachelor party and have to give a speech at the wedding unless he asks for anything else thats the jist of it no?

Just forbid any games at the wedding and you are fine.

Seriously, almost every wedding I've been to so far has been crap.

All those games, traditions and bla. Most of the times the bride and the groom are rushing from one thing to another and can't even talk with their guests.

Why not just invite all your friends, get some proper food and drinks and have a great time?

• Subscriber

Could be worse, I was asked by my friends to take photos of their wedding after the official part in the church, so while everyone else was having fun, eating and drinking, I pretty much had a working day (except I did it for free) and a week or two later, after I delivered the photos, they had the guts to ask why there were so few (there were 100+ photos ffs) xD 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Just forbid any games at the wedding and you are fine.

Seriously, almost every wedding I've been to so far has been crap.

All those games, traditions and bla. Most of the times the bride and the groom are rushing from one thing to another and can't even talk with their guests.

Why not just invite all your friends, get some proper food and drinks and have a great time?

EthicalElementaryDwarfrabbit-max-1mb.gif

Here here.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Could be worse, I was asked by my friends to take photos of their wedding after the official part in the church, so while everyone else was having fun, eating and drinking, I pretty much had a working day (except I did it for free) and a week or two later, after I delivered the photos, they had the guts to ask why there were so few (there were 100+ photos ffs) xD 

That is bloody awful, I hate people sometimes. Theres a reason wedding photographers are well paid. I hope you you egged their house.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

But I agree, "traditional" wedding is just a borefest and a waste of money, would much prefer a small get together with closest friends.

Dont know the details yet but they've planned it for Aug of this year already. He said they where planning to rent a hall and keep it relatively small, just family and close friends. I couldnt agree more I've been to both, the large weddings you never end up seeing half the people there anyways.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

That is bloody awful, I hate people sometimes. Theres a reason wedding photographers are well paid. I hope you you egged their house.

Dont know the details yet but they've planned it for Aug of this year already. He said they where planning to rent a hall and keep it relatively small, just family and close friends. I couldnt agree more I've been to both, the large weddings you never end up seeing half the people there anyways.

Haha, sadly, I'm not really a retaliating type. But yeah, it was a bit of an eye opener. The bride was actually my best friend throughout the years in high school too, the groom was a part of my closest friends group. Annoys me to no end how some people don't appreciate friendships or just have no consideration for others.

Anyway, their plan sounds good!

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, sadly, I'm not really a retaliating type. But yeah, it was a bit of an eye opener. The bride was actually my best friend throughout the years in high school too, the groom was a part of my closest friends group. Annoys me to no end how some people don't appreciate friendships or just have no consideration for others.

Anyway, their plan sounds good!

Eh im the same, I talk big but I end up like a frightened turtle. That is sad to hear, you think you know someone and then something like that happens, it changes your relationship with them and theres no going back I've found. Maybe thats why im a bitter man, I dont have alot of friends but the ones i do are mostly close friends.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I've got some Viva related news; My best friend got engaged a couple weeks ago, I figured i would be in the wedding party and stuffs but he just asked me to be his best man. I have not been in a wedding party before nor best man so im excited :banana:

Also curious if anyone has any experience in this sort of thing? I know im responsible for the bachelor party and have to give a speech at the wedding unless he asks for anything else thats the jist of it no?

I've been best man for my brother's wedding. The speech is natural to be nervous for but after the first line/joke is out of the way, you'll breeze it. I hate public speaking but I loved being up in front of 500 talking about my bro and embarrassing him a bit during the speech. Don't make the speech too long, either! 

Oh and compliment the bride. Always compliment the bride. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Eh im the same, I talk big but I end up like a frightened turtle. That is sad to hear, you think you know someone and then something like that happens, it changes your relationship with them and theres no going back I've found. Maybe thats why im a bitter man, I dont have alot of friends but the ones i do are mostly close friends.

I always had only a small circle of close friends too, so it makes it even more disappointing when the bond breaks for whatever reason. The previous example with the newlyweds was really just them being inconsiderate, so it's not that bad, although that said, we did drift apart years later. I understand that life gets in the way, families, relationships, career, children, etc. I do think it's not hard to put a bit of an effort to maintain the friendship though... The worst thing, however, is when you think you're friends with someone for a long time and then it turns out it's not exactly true, haha. Oh well, I guess friendships are like relationships; the one who's more invested always loses.

Archived