talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

International Health Insurance

football forum

• Subscriber

Does any of you have any (both good or bad) experiences with international health insurance providers? I'm currently considering my options as I have to renew mine, so it would be great to hear some opinions. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I'd advise you to post this in an expats' or travellers' forum.

Yeah, I've already got quite a bit info from other expats/fb groups about the most popular options out there; posted this here as well just in case hehe. Anyway, found a good deal from a reputable company with exactly the right level of coverage for me, so now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me and I should be good to go. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I've already got quite a bit info from other expats/fb groups about the most popular options out there; posted this here as well just in case hehe. Anyway, found a good deal from a reputable company with exactly the right level of coverage for me, so now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me and I should be good to go. 

Great, what's the company if you don't mind telling?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Great, what's the company if you don't mind telling?

Globality S.A., a subsidiary of Munich Re Group (the parent company of ERGO Group). Reasonable premiums with higher annual benefit maximums compared to other insurance providers offering the same (or very similar) level of coverage. 
Allianz and AXA are my backup choices.

I can't remember who the company was but when I had to use my health insurance to use A&E in Canada the insurance company did absolutely everything they could to worm out of paying the $750. They looked for every tiny loop hole they could find, every missing piece of information, so if you use it make sure you get a copy of every document, especially doctors notes and comments justifying you using the service.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I can't remember who the company was but when I had to use my health insurance to use A&E in Canada the insurance company did absolutely everything they could to worm out of paying the $750. They looked for every tiny loop hole they could find, every missing piece of information, so if you use it make sure you get a copy of every document, especially doctors notes and comments justifying you using the service.

Yeah, reluctance to pay claims seems to be pretty usual in the industry, unfortunately. On the other hand, I've also heard plenty of positive stories with the insurance company covering big expenses without any problems. A&E expenses would be the ones I'd expect them to cover without much drama though, what was the company, name and shame! :D 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

I bought travel insurance once and it was the biggest waste of money as I went to Australia (Brits get free healthcare in Australia).

That does sound like a waste of money, yeah :D 
Travel insurance doesn't apply to me as I'm not the resident of my home country anymore. 

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

You get free healthcare in the UK so if you don't die neither do i

First I have ever heard of this. How recent is it? I'm off to google. 

Edit: why isn't this common knowledge! Thank you NHS and Medicare.

54 minutes ago, Anton said:

First I have ever heard of this. How recent is it? I'm off to google. 

Edit: why isn't this common knowledge! Thank you NHS and Medicare.

Commonwealth my friend commonwealth 

With that said an ambulance would cost me over here

Archived