talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)

• Subscriber

Still waiting for Buffon to come out and make some sort of apology instead of perpetuating his stance essentially condoning the public abuse of referees.

Disgusting behaviour setting a terrible example to millions of people worldwide. There's enough of an issue with abuse of officials in the game already.

Anyone with any balls at FIFA should be making an example of him for this. I probably overuse the word disgusting given how I've seen my team play this season but in this situation I can't think of a more fitting description of Buffons behaviour.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Still waiting for Buffon to come out and make some sort of apology instead of perpetuating his stance essentially condoning the public abuse of referees.

Disgusting behaviour setting a terrible example to millions of people worldwide. There's enough of an issue with abuse of officials in the game already.

Anyone with any balls at FIFA should be making an example of him for this. I probably overuse the word disgusting given how I've seen my team play this season but in this situation I can't think of a more fitting description of Buffons behaviour.

You would think someone at least would be getting him in and giving him a thick ear over it and telling him to apologise wouldn't you at the very least.. As you say, a failure to act on his behavior is condoning it and going against everything they keep preaching on about... Even his wife was receiving a lot of abuse as a result of it which is not on... One of the reasons I hate the Facebook/Twitter platforms is it allows so much uncontrolled abuse to go on and no-one seems to give a fuck.. 

If Buffon stepped forward and said he apologised as it was a heat of the moment thing then fair enough but I get the feeling he will hang on to it for ever laying the blame at the refs door... It will probably be in any book he brings out in the future as well just for good measure.. 

28 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You would think someone at least would be getting him in and giving him a thick ear over it and telling him to apologise wouldn't you at the very least.. As you say, a failure to act on his behavior is condoning it and going against everything they keep preaching on about... Even his wife was receiving a lot of abuse as a result of it which is not on... One of the reasons I hate the Facebook/Twitter platforms is it allows so much uncontrolled abuse to go on and no-one seems to give a fuck.. 

If Buffon stepped forward and said he apologised as it was a heat of the moment thing then fair enough but I get the feeling he will hang on to it for ever laying the blame at the refs door... It will probably be in any book he brings out in the future as well just for good measure.. 

I myself am amazed there's not been any reflection on Buffon's part but the simple reason as to why there's been no eventual moderation or sound advice to him and some others that have spoken out is because they continue to firmly believe they were robbed. The general consensus is this one and without people with weight speaking out, then this is the way it will remain. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived