Metal and Rock

football forums

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Coma said:

Well, did you deserve it?

Yeah, probably xD

It was when Opeth were touring doing exclusively acoustic sets and I drunkenly shouted something mid-song about putting down the acoustic and playing something the audience actually wanted to hear.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought The Holy Bible by the Manic Street Preachers. Love how edgy it is. 

Also love how they never tried to hide their Welshness. Feel like a lot of bands try to sound more generically English or American instead of embracing their homes

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It, and the way of all flesh are really really good. 

I like their later stuff too - but those 2 are probably my favourite albums of theirs.

Great band though- I’m usually into metal that’s got a much different sound but I really like Gojira.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last night was absolutely incredible.

I've been to 3 concerts since COVID. One was High on Fire in a tiny venue (brilliant), one was System of a Down last week in a small stadium (really really good)... but last night was a brilliant show at a venue I'd never been to even though it's only a 4 minute walk from me...

Obituary (I've seen them 9 times now, which is kind of mental but they're so good live), Municipal Waste (I fucking love this band, possibly the most fun live act I've seen ever), Gatecreeper (I'm a bit familiar with them but didn't know too much but hearing some of those songs the first time but live was very cool and I'll probably be listening to them a lot more), this band I'd never ever heard of called Enforced who I also thought were brilliant. I need to listen to more of their stuff now too.

And there was another band, I forget the name, I'd never heard of them... but I was drinking with some pals at my house before we walked over and we missed them.

Great show and look how close I got!

E226AD58-6375-4303-B698-749E159A9BD8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived