talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Metal and Rock

football forum

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I have always rated Ellefson. I regret that I: 1.) saw cum dribbling out of his cock, and 2.) that he got sacked... but I think he's always been a pretty decent bass player. Not the most technical or greatest bass player in the world, but he's come up with some very cool basslines in the past (I absolutely love the bass in Chosen Ones off their first record).

I think the reason I don't rate Ellefson as high is because he was forced to improve and get faster with the metal bass aspects because of Dave. This is not to say he isn't a good bassist and far from it because you simply cant just show up and turn out the albums they did in the early years without being good. My favorite work of his is actually Dawn Patrol because it sounds deceptively simple till you hear the little flicks and runs in the bass line. 

Shame what he did and that Dave has an image he wants to keep but in this day and age what did he expect to happen when it came out. 

I just watched it and I think I am switching to black coffee for a while. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think the reason I don't rate Ellefson as high is because he was forced to improve and get faster with the metal bass aspects because of Dave. This is not to say he isn't a good bassist and far from it because you simply cant just show up and turn out the albums they did in the early years without being good. My favorite work of his is actually Dawn Patrol because it sounds deceptively simple till you hear the little flicks and runs in the bass line. 

Shame what he did and that Dave has an image he wants to keep but in this day and age what did he expect to happen when it came out. 

I just watched it and I think I am switching to black coffee for a while. 

Yeah when I watched it all I thought was “yeah I probably shouldn’t have watched this”

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah when I watched it all I thought was “yeah I probably shouldn’t have watched this”

I only watched it because you said what you did and then I saw Mega-load so I figured surely this is worth the watch just for that alone. Boy was I wrong.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Coma said:

Anyone listen to new Gojira album?  So far my favorite track is Into the Storm.  The drumming on that song is unreal.

I haven't, but I'll check it out at some point today.

I bet it's good though, Gojira are ace.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy shit I’ve done something I haven’t done since November 2019. I’ve bought tickets to go see a fucking show again!

Hopefully the covidity here remains under control, because I’ve always wanted to see High on Fire… and now I will.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Its got an odd sound to it doesnt it? I mean its clearly Maiden but its also not really the Maiden we all know and love.

Yeah I don’t really know if I like it tbh.

Tbf to Maiden, on most of their newer albums all of the singles are the crappest songs on the album.

But new Maiden isn’t exactly vintage Maiden in terms of songwriting. They’re still a great live show and they definitely still make good songs, I do think their newer albums are a bit artsy fartsy for the sake of being more and more “progressive” with their sound.

Which I get it - they’ve done a lot in their career and they get bored and want to try new things. I’m sure if they go on tour I’ll be buying tickets ASAP.

• Upvote 2

I'm not into this type of music but 2 of mates were big time. They used to study in Pakistan in the 90s and this music was huge back there. 2 albums they'd buy were by Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Obviously everyone knows Nirvana, out of 

curiosity. In Google I searched for who was better. I was shocked how the majority leaned towards Pearl  Jam. Were they that good? Weren't Nirvana like 50 times more well known?

https://www.quora.com/Whos-better-Nirvana-or-Pearl-Jam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came across this today: https://rideintoglory.com/bestial-invasion-a-guide-to-teutonic-thrash-metal/

I'm a fan of some of the big 4 of German thrash metal (Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, and Tankard/Coroner - although I think Coroner are also French, not just German) so I thought it was an interesting read. And it's given me some new bands to explore their catalogues.

• Subscriber
On 24/07/2021 at 02:24, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I don’t really know if I like it tbh.

Tbf to Maiden, on most of their newer albums all of the singles are the crappest songs on the album.

But new Maiden isn’t exactly vintage Maiden in terms of songwriting. They’re still a great live show and they definitely still make good songs, I do think their newer albums are a bit artsy fartsy for the sake of being more and more “progressive” with their sound.

Which I get it - they’ve done a lot in their career and they get bored and want to try new things. I’m sure if they go on tour I’ll be buying tickets ASAP.

The animated video is a masterpiece, though.

@Bluewolf this should be part of a new Heavy Metal movie!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1