talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

1 minute ago, nudge said:

WTF, that looks scary :o 

Yup, 30 km's from here. The weather has been acting up all day, luckily here only a few raindrops, distant thunder and a bit of dark clouds. But just a few km's away, hail, floods, this monstrosity from above... 

• Subscriber

We're getting thunderstorm/heavy rain alerts for the next couple of days too... I actually kind of hope for it as it's a perfect excuse to stay in and do nothing the whole day xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

You filthy thief! How did that happen? xD

Was in a beach bar, left when it was dark already, and apparently took a wrong pair when I went home :dam: Only noticed it today when I wanted to put them on to go to a corner shop, they look exactly like mine just a size or two bigger xD 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

So... today I realised I accidentally stole somebody's flip flops last week :$:dam:

Please explain yourself.... You don't accidentally steal something... either you did it with intent along the lines of " oooh, these flip flops look nice" looks round to see if anyone is looking before dropping said flip flops accidentally into bag.... OR, in your rush you picked up a similar pair to yours and took them by mistake.. If it's a mistake it's not really theft... 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Was in a beach bar, left when it was dark already, and apparently took a wrong pair when I went home :dam: Only noticed it today when I wanted to put them on to go to a corner shop, they look exactly like mine just a size or two bigger xD 

Right then.... I mean honestly, who would steal flip flops on purpose.. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I can just visualize the moment you realized something was not right.... 

Image result for big flip flops

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Right then.... I mean honestly, who would steal flip flops on purpose.. 

I would have returned them the following day if I noticed it earlier, but now a few days later, it's probably weird to go around with a pair of 5$ flip flops asking is someone was missing them xD 

Just now, nudge said:

I would have returned them the following day if I noticed it earlier, but now a few days later, it's probably weird to go around with a pair of 5$ flip flops asking is someone was missing them xD 

Doesn't your town have a Facebook group or something? xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

You want to me to publicly announce to the whole town that I took somebody else's flip flops by mistake? xD It's a good thing I'm moving... xD 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I would probably have instantly noticed if it was THAT bad xD 

Well didn't you notice there was less room in your bag... hmmm!! Towel, check, Suncream, check, Flip Flops unusually sticking out top of bag... erm.. check!

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

xD What like a lost and found you mean.. under the 'pilfered by mistake' section... 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

You want to me to publicly announce to the whole town that I took somebody else's flip flops by mistake? xD It's a good thing I'm moving... xD 

It was ( according to you ) an innocent mistake... I know you think most people are peasants but they won't turn up outside your abode with pitchforks and flaming torches looking for retribution if you come clean...  It will be good to cleanse yourself of this smudge on your otherwise good character.. You don't want it to be haunting you in later life.. Trying to get into another country for example.. 

Related image

"You seem to have rather an unusual amount of different sized Flip Flops in your luggage Madame!!! and yet you only have one size pair of feet??" 

You could be branded a Flip Flop smuggler and detained for questioning.. maybe even jail time if you can't explain it away.. B|

You need to think very carefully about the future as these things have a habit of catching up with you over time... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yay or nay?

suzuki_gn_125_french_1987_2001_l_vozu.jp

As a runaround from A to B it could be ideal.. My original Yamaha RXS100 was a really reliable bike for it's size, parts were cheap, went for miles on a full tank and had a good turn of speed getting away at the lights or for those tricky traffic moments where you might need to accelerate away quickly... A lot of the older models were unrestricted so you could get a semi decent speed out of them. Mine served me faithfully and I only let it go due to me part exchanging for a newer bike... Someone even nicked the battery out of mine once and it still went.. xD so fuck you battery thief! I got home ok.. 

Is that the actual bike or just a picture of the one you are hoping to get? I am assuming it's just a picture of it? 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

As a runaround from A to B it could be ideal.. My original Yamaha RXS100 was a really reliable bike for it's size, parts were cheap, went for miles on a full tank and had a good turn of speed getting away at the lights or for those tricky traffic moment where you might need to accelerate away quickly... A lot of the older models were unrestricted so you could get a semi decent speed out of them. Mine served me faithfully and I only let it go due to me part exchanging for a newer bike... Someone even nicked the battery out of mine once and it still went.. xD so fuck you battery thief! I got home ok.. 

Is that the actual bike or just a picture of the one you are hoping to get? I am assuming it's just a picture of it? 

Yamaha RXS100 looks lovely, it's the type of bike I'm looking for - not too heavy (I'm a lightweight), not too powerful (don't need a local license up to 125cc), reliable. 

This is just a random pic of the model, I'll upload an actual photo from my phone a few moments later... Just looking into different options now, but it has to be something that's relatively common down here, as otherwise it will be hard to repair or even find new parts. Considering this Suzuki, Honda FTR or Honda Win at the moment, although I'm not yet sure if I should just make it simple and go for a decent scooter instead, haha.

EDIT: Here's the actual bike:

yWPCdka.jpg

Edited by nudge

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yamaha RXS100 looks lovely, it's the type of bike I'm looking for - not too heavy (I'm a lightweight), not too powerful (don't need a local license up to 125cc), reliable. 

This is just a random pic of the model, I'll upload an actual photo from my phone a few moments later... Just looking into different options now, but it has to be something that's relatively common down here, as otherwise it will be hard to repair or even find new parts. Considering this Suzuki, Honda FTR or Honda Win at the moment, although I'm not yet sure if I should just make it simple and go for a decent scooter instead, haha.

That is the other good aspect of it... not too heavy and as you say not too powerful but just about right, you control it, not the other way around.. Good for getting around town or back and forth from a job.. Parts are important as you say so it's good you have put some thought into that as well.. Bike or Scooter??? Both would probably serve you well enough and a lot will depend on the budget you are looking at.. I suppose both bikes and scooters are as popular as each other where you are so a lot will depend on personal choice.. 

One other thing that's quite important as well... The colour, got to be Blue like my old RXS.. B|

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That is the other good aspect of it... not too heavy and as you say not too powerful but just about right, you control it, not the other way around.. Good for getting around town or back and forth from a job.. Parts are important as you say so it's good you have put some thought into that as well.. Bike or Scooter??? Both would probably serve you well enough and a lot will depend on the budget you are looking at.. I suppose both bikes and scooters are as popular as each other where you are so a lot will depend on personal choice.. 

One other thing that's quite important as well... The colour, got to be Blue like my old RXS.. B|

I added a pic in my previous post :)

Yes, everyone here rides either a bike or a scooter, so plenty of options to choose from, and all pretty affordable too (well except those monsters above 500cc haha, but I'm not tired of living yet...). I'm moving to a small town, so the traffic there is very light, which is the reason I'm finally getting a bike too; I have little experience other than some limited one with motorcross bikes some 15 years ago and an occasional 5 minute drive on a friend's scooter recently haha, so I'm obviously a bit cautious... 

The colour... I like black, red, or orange xD 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I added a pic in my previous post :)

Yes, everyone here rides either a bike or a scooter, so plenty of options to choose from, and all pretty affordable too (well except those monsters above 500cc haha, but I'm not tired of living yet...). I'm moving to a small town, so the traffic there is very light, which is the reason I'm finally getting a bike too; I have little experience other than some limited one with motorcross bikes some 15 years ago and an occasional 5 minute drive on a friend's scooter recently haha, so I'm obviously a bit cautious... 

The colour... I like black, red, or orange xD 

Make sure you give a test run before buying it if you can..  I don't know what condition the roads are like where you are but that seat looks a little thin on the padding and that could mean a bit of a rough ride on the bones from time to time if your journey is slightly longer than normal or the roads are bumpy. You also need to be sure you are going to feel comfortable while riding it around.. If your journeys are mostly short hops with the odd cruise around from time to time then it should be fine..

Looks like it's geared up for a bit of racing given the style of it ( handlebars have been dropped down a bit which gives you a tendency to lean slightly more forward across the tank rather than sitting a little more upright ) but that's not a bad thing, At least you won't be buying a slug but be careful not to buy anything that's been thrashed to death in road racing or similar... Again, it's about being comfortable on it.

Also see if you can source a local garage/bike repair shop that's not miles away from you just in case something happens or it needs minor repairs, mot etc.. If you end up pushing it for any reason last thing you want is being at deaths door by the time you have got it there... 

Actually looks quite cool to be honest... I think we can agree on Black by the way :D

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Make sure you give a test run before buying it if you can..  I don't know what condition the roads are like where you are but that seat looks a little thin on the padding and that could mean a bit of a rough ride on the bones from time to time if your journey is slightly longer than normal or the roads are bumpy. You also need to be sure you are going to feel comfortable while riding it around.. If your journeys are mostly short hops with the odd cruise around from time to time then it should be fine..

Looks like it's geared up for a bit of racing given the style of it ( handlebars have been dropped down a bit which gives you a tendency to lean slightly more forward across the tank rather than sitting a little more upright ) but that's not a bad thing, At least you won't be buying a slug but be careful not to buy anything that's been thrashed to death in road racing or similar... Again, it's about being comfortable on it.

Also see if you can source a local garage/bike repair shop that's not miles away from you just in case something happens or it needs minor repairs, mot etc.. If you end up pushing it for any reason last thing you want is being at deaths door by the time you have got it there... 

Actually looks quite cool to be honest... I think we can agree on Black by the way :D

Thanks a lot, that's a lot of helpful advice!!! I'm pretty sure that bike will already be gone once I make my decision xD I'll message you some pics of other ones when I'm close to buying it, if you don't mind? I'll surely get a test ride regardless of what I buy, it's not a problem at all, everyone does it here. I'd normally ask a friend who's an experienced rider to help me with that, but he's not here for a few months...

I already found a good garage nearby, as we had to have our car brakes checked last time we went there :D People are also very helpful here, so no worries about it at all.

The roads in my new town are really good for the most part, well the main ones at least, but I don't plan on doing a lot of traveling out of town either way... Lovely backdrop of mountains and the ocean too...

Waterfront-in-Kep-Cambodia-2017-56.jpg

Waterfront-foad-near-Mealea-Resort-in-Ke

ae4UI8P.jpg

:x 

Can't wait...

• Upvote 2

On 5/16/2018 at 13:54, Tommy said:

Does nobody talk here anymore? Anyway, this happened quite close to me: 

Fucking hell, I didn't think inland tornados happened like that in Europe. I thought it was a norht-american thing.