talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber

You know you're having a great Friday when you're casually approached by a Jehovah's Witness sitting next to your table at a restaurant while you are waiting for your food, and have to learn about the imminent Armageddon, the Second Coming of Christ and the cleansing of the Earth.

Just wanted to give you the all a heads up too xD 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Oh dear. Had a darts match last night (with a ridiculous amount of alcohol consumed), and now I have to be at the stadium in 3 1/2 hours. Time for a Konterbier soon, I guess. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Have fun, haha...

I worked until late last night to finish all my urgent projects, so just got up a while ago. Ordered a pizza, will lay in bed and watch football/movies and drink beer the whole day. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

So German friends, some of you know that I love German food and beers but I've a quick question for you: is it odd that I mix my spätzle with rotkohl and sauerkraut?

No, it's pretty common in some regions in South Germany and in Austria, especially the one with sauerkraut. They also often add some smoked meat into the mix.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

No, it's pretty common in some regions in South Germany and in Austria, especially the one with sauerkraut. They also often add some smoked meat into the mix.

You just gave him a perfect explanation why it is indeed odd :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Spike said:

So German friends, some of you know that I love German food and beers but I've a quick question for you: is it odd that I mix my spätzle with rotkohl and sauerkraut?

Yes. 

On 3/2/2018 at 15:52, nudge said:

You know you're having a great Friday when you're casually approached by a Jehovah's Witness sitting next to your table at a restaurant while you are waiting for your food, and have to learn about the imminent Armageddon, the Second Coming of Christ and the cleansing of the Earth.

Just wanted to give you the all a heads up too xD 

giphy.gif

That's a bit naughty... accosting someone who is just about to eat, I think I might have been inclined to tell them that the world was going to end a lot sooner for them than they might have been expecting if they didn't move away from my table....

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

That's a bit naughty... accosting someone who is just about to eat, I think I might have been inclined to tell them that the world was going to end a lot sooner for them than they might have been expecting if they didn't move away from my table....

Granted, I know her and we've had small talk a few times at the same restaurant in the past; she always brings her dog with her and I like to pet him, but I didn't know she was a Jehovah's Witness, and didn't expect her to suddenly go on a full apocalyptic mode xD Just told her I've got no interest in being saved and don't really care about the world ending either, that was enough for her to change the topic :ph34r:

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Granted, I know her and we've had small talk a few times at the same restaurant in the past; she always brings her dog with her and I like to pet him, but I didn't know she was a Jehovah's Witness, and didn't expect her to suddenly go on a full apocalyptic mode xD Just told her I've got no interest in being saved and don't really care about the world ending either, that was enough for her to change the topic :ph34r:

Ahh I see... I don't normally mind if someone has a belief or something to say/sell etc but not keen on those that get right in your face with it, Having a break and a bit of chill time shouldn't be seen as an opportunity for someone to crowbar their views onto me and I don't tend to take kindly to that so normally do what you did and shut those conversations down quickly... We used to get 2 dear old ladies turning up our doorstep once a year selling the Watchtower and talking about God etc.. and I always used let them down gently though, I am not so subtle with those people that step right in front of you as you are walking round the shops selling the Big Issue or Clipboards and Surveys being waved in my face... 

I do think she had the right idea with the dog though... Slowly work her way in and lull you into a false sense of security then BLAM!! let you have it.. xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Ahh I see... I don't normally mind if someone has a belief or something to say/sell etc but not keen on those that get right in your face with it, Having a break and a bit of chill time shouldn't be seen as an opportunity for someone to crowbar their views onto me and I don't tend to take kindly to that so normally do what you did and shut those conversations down quickly... We used to get 2 dear old ladies turning up our doorstep once a year selling the Watchtower and talking about God etc.. and I always used let them down gently though, I am not so subtle with those people that step right in front of you as you are walking round the shops selling the Big Issue or Clipboards and Surveys being waved in my face... 

I do think she had the right idea with the dog though... Slowly work her way in and lull you into a false sense of security then BLAM!! let you have it.. xD

Hehe, it was planned, you reckon? xD That dog is really lovely, haha.

Nah, to be honest, I've always seen her as an old, lonely women far away from home, so I've always been nice and wasn't really annoyed, as she wasn't too pushy and knew when to stop once she noticed I'm really not interested. Still find it amusing how anyone would think it's possible to spark someone's interest by annoying them during their lunch break xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

oh

next time I'll take my german related questions elswhere. sorry for the inconvenience. 

well you got your answers, it's pretty common in Swabia and Austria, while the rest of Germany finds it odd. Which is more or less a general rule for everything else, too xD 

Just now, nudge said:

well you got your answers, it's pretty common in Swabia and Austria, while the rest of Germany finds it odd. Which is more or less a general rule for everything else, too xD 

I was joking.