Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Maniac - Netflix Mini Series

Starring Emma Stone, Justin Theroux and skinny Jonah Hill. Looks really interesting 😮

looks mad (in a good way).

reminds me of many Black Mirror episodes rolled in to one. And Black Mirror was quality.

I think it's a tiny bit too weird and too trippy for my liking, haha... at least judging by the trailer, but I'll give it a go.. I'm getting Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Inception vibes here, just crazier :D 

Looks like a less crazy (or you could say less risky) version of the Legion, which on the other hand was brilliant. 

One of the weirdest TV series I've ever watched and because of that I recommend it. It's short so even if you don't like it you won't lose much time. I'm not an expert but Johan Hill's acting here really impressed me, the best character obviously.

8 episodes in and I'm still waiting to "get it". A lot of what's going on really isn't interesting in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Looks a bit crazy from the trailer, not desperate to see it. 

Cheers Geoff.

Finished it now and I did enjoy the final episode but I don't know if most of what happened in previous episodes were needed in order to enjoy this one. Could probably cut 80%  of what happened in the season and turn it into a decent 90 minute film.

started watching this.

Reminds me of Requiem for a Dream film.

First episode in and it's a bit of a mindfuck wondering just what the hell's going on and where it's gonna go/how it's gonna proceed...

On 07/08/2018 at 19:28, nudge said:

I think it's a tiny bit too weird and too trippy for my liking, haha... 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Reminds me of Requiem for a Dream film.

Well that explains it... thanks for the heads up; I'll definitely pass if that's the case xD 

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well that explains it... thanks for the heads up; I'll definitely pass if that's the case xD 

yeah it's mad.

There's not enough making sense in the first two episodes to make me want to carry on to be honest. There's only so much mind-fucking you can cope with to have your interest piqued or not xD