talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

First ever win over Germany on home turf!

Yeah we beat them in the world cup play of in 2015. I didnt expect to win the tournament. I actually thought spain would win it. You thinking of going to the home euros? I'll try to go 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan  Leicester women lost 7.0 to Chelsea in the fa cup. Not having a great time in the cup this year Leicester are they 🤔

We were down to 10 after 17 mins. 

Chelsea are just on a different level. 

@Tommy I read an article a few years ago about womens football compared to mens. I've tried to find it but cant. 

It basically analysed the super league in england and tried to establish what standard it was compared to men.

It broke it down into separate parts of the game though. 

From what I remember the part where women were closest to men was positioning. I think they said the super league was about lower fifth division in mens football.  

Technical bits such as passing the ball were about about 6th division level. 

Speed is quite far of unfortunately and men do consistently run at a faster pace throughout the game even in lower divisions.  

The main thing though is the strength and physicality part. Now unless a womens team could just keep the ball all the time they would struggle to beat any mens side because men can push them off the ball easily. However the fact still is that for the technical part you would still have to be a good male footballer to be at super league standard. Bare in mind that 6th division level is still significantly better than what most people can play at.

However there are still many social issues and issues with women having access to teams all over the world. So I think womens football is very good considering everything.

The way I look at it though if women can get the speed and technical parts better womens football will become much more interesting because people pay to see that.

Personally I like to watch it anyway like you. If you dont like it dont watch it. Don't go taking the piss out of it.  If you had a daughter who wanted to play football you wouldn't tell  her not to play because women are shit at it .

• 4 weeks later...

Arsenal play Wolfsburg in the champions league tonight. I would imagine they are favourites. If we get them we probably play Barcelona who won their away leg last  night against real madrid. It wasnt a great performance by their standards but they still won 3.1 

I don't think we have any chance of beating Barcelona over two legs. They are the best womens team ever I think. Completely unstoppable 

@Tommy the match is on YouTube.  You might like it. I think thos as far as either team will go though as whoever gets through will play Barcelona in the semis. Even if every arsenal player had the beat two games if their lives it still probably wouldn't be enough to beat them 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy the match is on YouTube.  You might like it. I think thos as far as either team will go though as whoever gets through will play Barcelona in the semis. Even if every arsenal player had the beat two games if their lives it still probably wouldn't be enough to beat them 

Nice, I'll see if I can watch it. 

Lena Oberdorf plays for Wolfsburg. Her brother, Tim, plays for Fortuna Düsseldorf. :) 

45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice, I'll see if I can watch it. 

Lena Oberdorf plays for Wolfsburg. Her brother, Tim, plays for Fortuna Düsseldorf. :) 

They're playing at the Emirates. I think they should play at their  normal stadium though. It's not nice seeing it about a fifth full. If they get through they should play Barcelona at their  normal stadium because barcelona tore them apart because of the room at the Emirates 

49 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy the second leg will be played in Wolfsburgs mens stadium. What kind of crowd can we expect?

I have no idea to be honest. Probably not THAT much. :/ 

I saw the last 30 minutes of this game. Really nice goal from Arsenal! 

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I have no idea to be honest. Probably not THAT much. :/ 

I saw the last 30 minutes of this game. Really nice goal from Arsenal! 

Yeah she did well to turn like that. Gonna be very difficult for us though I think.