football forum

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Women's Champions League draw

Bayern Munich v Arsenal

Lyon v Chelsea

Roma v Barcelona

Paris St-Germain v Wolfsburg

Come on, Wolfsburg. 

I'd never say that for their men's team though. :ph34r: But their women's team have some of my favourite footballers. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Women's Champions League draw

Bayern Munich v Arsenal

Lyon v Chelsea

Roma v Barcelona

Paris St-Germain v Wolfsburg

Bayern Munich beat Barcelona so very tough tie. Saying that we beat lyon. Don't expect us to get through the tie though. Just hope we don't loose 10.2

Edited by Gunnersaurus

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Come on, Wolfsburg. 

I'd never say that for their men's team though. :ph34r: But their women's team have some of my favourite footballers. 

They play some good football. Pass the ball really well. They deserved to beat us last year.  Not sure if they will beat psg though 

Edited by Gunnersaurus
  • Upvote 1

I do keep an eye on the Villa women's team. Really happy to see them in the top half of the WSL. Signed up England Euro winner Rachel Daly, to play as a striker, at start of the season. Brought in Jordan Nobbs & Lucy Staniforth, I think both early 30's former (& unretired) England midfielders.

And they have Alisha Lehmann, the Swiss winger, who now has more social media followers than Roger Federer.. Apparently she is always disappointed by her 'fans' who don't watch her play football..

On 12/02/2023 at 15:24, Reluctant Striker said:

I do keep an eye on the Villa women's team. Really happy to see them in the top half of the WSL. Signed up England Euro winner Rachel Daly, to play as a striker, at start of the season. Brought in Jordan Nobbs & Lucy Staniforth, I think both early 30's former (& unretired) England midfielders.

And they have Alisha Lehmann, the Swiss winger, who now has more social media followers than Roger Federer.. Apparently she is always disappointed by her 'fans' who don't watch her play football..

I think she does play up to it though. It doesn't bother me if she she has an onlyfans or anything but if you do that you will get people who follow you not for the football. 

She doesn't have an onlyfans by the way I'm not suggesting she does I'm just making it clear I don't care if she did 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been to my first women's game today, Germany vs. Sweden. Germany had like 21 wins in 30 games against Sweden, but of course the play 0:0 when I show up. xD

Still a very cool experience. Loved the positive atmosphere. Keeper saves an easy ball? WOOOOOOOO. Someone hoofs it into the stands? FUCK YEAH! It was kind of a refreshing change to the Fortuna games I too, with the negative nancys who just wait for a chance to fucking complain and act like they've been coaches all their life. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Did anyone catch the Chelsea v Lyon game last night??? 

Chelsea getting a penalty at the death to take the game to penalties then won it from there... 

Watched the highlights, I like the way they celebrate just like the men's team.

• Administrator

Women's Finalissima

England vs Brazil. Tonight at Wembley. Live on ITV.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65162155

After lifting the European Championship trophy at Wembley last summer, England have the chance to win another title in front of a sold-out crowd at their national stadium this week.

Sarina Wiegman's side take on Brazil on Thursday in the first Women's Finalissima - a match between the European and South American champions.

"It's a great occasion," said Wiegman. "There will be 90,000 people, so it's going to be a really exciting environment and two teams who want to play football with a very good history in football."

As the countdown gathers pace before the Women's World Cup this July and August in Australia and New Zealand, this game offers both teams a chance to test themselves against quality opposition.

Last year brought the first Finalissima since 1993, with Argentina's men's team beating Italy 3-0 at Wembley.

Three Finalissimas have taken place in total - the first was in 1985, with France defeating Uruguay in Paris - but it has never featured women's teams before.

Following the 2022 match, it was agreed between Uefa and Conmebol that a similar match between the women's champions would take place at the same stadium the following year.

Brazil qualified as South America's representatives on 30 July by beating Colombia 1-0 in the final of the Copa America Femenina. The following day, England secured their spot by beating Germany 2-1 after extra time in the Euro 2022 final.

Arsenal and Brazil defender Rafaelle Souza - the only England-based player in Brazil's squad - said: "It is going to be a special night with all these people here. I feel special to have this opportunity. I played in the Olympics with 70,000 people and it was amazing.

"This game will be important not just for women's football but for me as a player. I will tell my child I played at Wembley in front of 90,000 and it will be special for me."

If there is no winner inside 90 minutes, the match goes straight to penalties.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the Chelsea v Manchester United FA Cup Final... 

Great game which Chelsea won 1-0 Kerr with the winner

newFile.jpg?width=968&auto=webp&quality=50&crop=968%3A645%2Csmart

Both sides had some great chances with United getting a couple of decent ones late on in the game but Chelsea held out for the win.. 

They have also set a world record for the best attendance for the women's game.. 77,390

Congratulations ladies... B|

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just finished watching the Chelsea v Manchester United FA Cup Final... 

Great game which Chelsea won 1-0 Kerr with the winner

newFile.jpg?width=968&auto=webp&quality=50&crop=968%3A645%2Csmart

Both sides had some great chances with United getting a couple of decent ones late on in the game but Chelsea held out for the win.. 

They have also set a world record for the best attendance for the women's game.. 77,390

Congratulations ladies... B|

Watched it too on this Laptop while the wife was watching bride thing, yuk.

Not a bad game and a big crowd to boot. 

35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Our ladies are so good even the German women want to join... 

Well, if they are anything like the men's team, they probably throw silly amounts of money at you. Hard to say no. 😬

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, if they are anything like the men's team, they probably throw silly amounts of money at you. Hard to say no. 😬

They reckon that the women only make around £27-30K a year... If they come mate, they come for the glory and success!! B|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watching the Germany vs. Vietnam friendly. A bit of a B-Team playing for Germany, as theere are still places up for grabs in the WC squad. 

But we managed to score the lead in the 3rd minute. Beautiful assist by Anyomi and Krumbiegel finished it nicely with the backheel. Vietnam look fierce though, they are fighting for every ball and look quick and technically gifted going forward. 

• 1 month later...

A very even match where both teams had more dominating phases. But Germany missed three penalties in the shootout. :( 

But still a campaign to be proud of, especially the semi-final against France that they won 3:2 after being 0:2 down.