talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

First half was strange. Germany should have lead 3:0 or 4:0 with the chances we've had, but Wales managed to equalise instead. Second half was of course much better, and Hrubesch did the right thing with bringing Sjoeke Nüsken on. A much needed win! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here in the United States the International Women’s game is extremely popular and it is definitely warranted as they have accomplished quite a lot. 

I do watch the US National Team pretty much all the time they play and enjoy the level of play they perform at. The only thing that I do not like about many on the team is they seem to expect to win all of the time and they seem to be quite arrogant at times. 

When they got knocked out of the World Cup this last time, I actually think that did the club something good as it brought them down to earth.

Very important game against Denmark today. We need to win this to keep the hope of the Olympics alive. Line-up looks good! It's a shame that Oberdorf is injured, but I'm happy that Sjoeke Nüsken gets a chance. She has been incredible for Chelsea so far this season. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

England score two in 2 minutes! 

Stanway and Hemp level it up against Netherlands. 

Ohh nice. The commentator at the Germany game mentioned that England was 0-2 down. 

Meanwhile it looks like it's gonna be a 2-0 win for Germany, which would mean we are back at the top of the table. Really good game. Could have, would have, should have scored more goals even. 

Nvm: Klara Bühl scores the 3-0. Player of the match for me. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68006552

Broadcaster DAZN says it has removed the paywall from all live women's football matches on the platform, to help promote the women's game.

Its New Deal for Women's Football campaign has been introduced to help boost investment and make the women's game financially sustainable.

The Women's Champions League is among the competitions to become free to air.

"The women's game has significant commercial potential," said DAZN's co-CEO of women's sport, Hannah Brown.

The New Deal campaign is calling for clubs, sponsors, media and broadcasters and rights holders to get involved and "come together to build a major global commercial sport".

Without that, "a golden opportunity to accelerate growth is lost," Brown warned.

As well as the Women's Champions League, which English club Chelsea are still in, top-flight matches in Spain, Germany, France, Italy and Saudi Arabia are among those to be broadcast for free.

"We are committed to fostering and cultivating fandom for women's football," said Esmeralda Negron, co-CEO of women's sport at DAZN.

"Women's football needs investment to realise its potential - developing a first-party relationship with fans across all demographics to scale its audience and become commercially viable".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Big match. Looking forward to it! I watched France vs. Germany on Friday. Even though we lost 1-2, the 2nd half was encouraging. If we start like that tonight, we have a decent chance to win, I think. 

Germany wins and qualifies for the Olympics! Really tricky first half, with lots of pressure from the Netherlands. Second half was much better from us, especially after Lea Schüller came on!