talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England team for Croatia and Spain games released on Thursday

football forum

• Subscriber

Maddison is a fantastically talented player who will only get better the more he adapts to this level. I don't think we've seen close to the best of him and he's still producing as many goals and assists as any English midfielder in the Premier League this season. I'm very glad he's in.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad Sturridge didn't get the call-up despite his recent form. Injuries have been cruel to him and derailed his career, it's looking likely that if he's to have a future with us (and he wants to earn a contract extension, according to recent interviews with him) - being an effective super substitute for us is his best chance of regaining fitness. For our injury prone players, like Lallana and Sturridge, the club takes precautions with the type of activities they have in training & Lallana always ALWAYS get injured training with England... so I'd prefer to keep our more fragile players away.

It's cool to see more young talent into the side.

On 04/10/2018 at 20:14, Danny said:

I'm happy with that squad, feel like we should play something like:

Rashford - Kane

Maddison ------------ Sterling

Henderson/Winks

Shaw - Maguire - Stones - Gomez - Walker

Pickford

Our midfield is well off the mark compared to Spain and Croatia, but we have a dangerous front line and good options at wingback so interesting to see how this lot turn out.

Hope to god Welbeck doesn't start.

Agree with that selection. Preferably like to see JS7 come on for Rashford after an hour so he can score and do a fortnite celebration.

Archived