The better place to talk football.

Round 05: Spain

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Eco said:

The season needs Mercedes to completely fall apart...otherwise this season is over it seems. 

Than we rally behind Valtteri. Worked with Rosberg in 2016. 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't debate that one team dominating is boring but coming from someone who was in the exact same scenario? Have a day off. 

He's still right, though. 

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

But you admit it's a laughable and rich statement?

Not really. We all know that Seb is first and foremost a fan of Formula 1. So his statement makes sense and is the truth. I'm sure in retrospect he'd agree if someone calls the Red Bull dominance from back then boring as well. 

15 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The interesting scenario will be if Bottas can handle Hamilton's mind games towards the back end of the season. Rosberg had to retire because he admitted himself that it totally drained him in 2016 and it's well documented that had it not been for an engine failure in Malaysia, Lewis would have won that season. Whether you like him or not he's an absolute animal in and out of the car when the going gets tough and it'll be interesting to see if Valtierri can keep up with that. 

At the moment Lewis is ''happy'' to be 2nd however when we get to the likes of Singapore, Monza etc. then it'll be a totally different kettle of fish. 

Good point, I feel Lewis has started the mind games on a low scale for now. Listen to his comments, he said him and Bottas play it safe, referring to the start at Baku, how they respected each other unlike previous partners (Rosberg). He added that he doesn't know if this mutual respect will last, so I reckon he has started the mind games.

• Subscriber

Ferrari bring forward engine update; will have new PU specification ahead of schedule for Barcelona already.

Will be interesting to see what upgrades other teams bring.

Just now, nudge said:

Ferrari bring forward engine update; will have new PU specification ahead of schedule for Barcelona already.

Sounds like a panic move :13_upside_down:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Indeed... And even if it works and Ferrari manage to beat Mercedes in Spain, they'll still lose their advantage after a while considering that Mercedes will bring theirs later in the season...

I'm reading that Haas are bringing a big update; new front wing, new floor and a lot of the smaller parts like mirrors.

RB are said to found aerodynamics solution to their previous issues with tyres; will only bring some "subtle evolutionary developments" otherwise.

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Merc usually bring their first upgrades to Spain, do you think they will hold them off, due to the lead they have over other teams? 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Merc usually bring their first upgrades to Spain, do you think they will hold them off, due to the lead they have over other teams? 

I think they will bring some upgrades but nothing major... Not sure if it's true but  it's been suggested that Mercedes had been having some cooling issues since the start of the season and are expected to have them solved for Barcelona meaning they can use more powerful engine modes for longer times (as opposed to Q3 in quali and a few laps during the race only).

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Definitely so given that it's a month early.

I'm hoping this move pays off and we see a bit more consistent competition to Mercedes now and actually bring some entertainment/fun to races for the rest of the season (or until at least the August break). Don't want the season over before it's barely even started...

• Administrator
12 hours ago, nudge said:

Indeed... And even if it works and Ferrari manage to beat Mercedes in Spain, they'll still lose their advantage after a while considering that Mercedes will bring theirs later in the season...

I'm reading that Haas are bringing a big update; new front wing, new floor and a lot of the smaller parts like mirrors.

RB are said to found aerodynamics solution to their previous issues with tyres; will only bring some "subtle evolutionary developments" otherwise.

What are Williams doing? Have they realised the new F1 season has begun :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived