talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Silly Season 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So it seems that Haas is the only chance Hülkenberg has got. I have a stupid feeling that they'll stick with Grosjean again though. 

Latifi... Ugh. 

From what I've read Hülkenberg could have already signed for Haas if he wanted to but he wanted to check other options before agreeing to join them. Steiner apparently wants to know his decision before Singapore GP. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

So, that's really it für Hülkenberg, isn't it? That makes me sad. 

Well apparently it's him who rejected Haas' offer leading to them extending Grosjean's contract, not the other way around. Makes sense considering the previous reports about them waiting for Hülkenberg'decision until Singapore GP. So he either has another seat lined up in F1 or just decided to do something else instead of driving for another mediocre midfield team. 

In regards to the Haas announcement, even if Nico said he didn't want to join Haas, certainly their are more capable drivers out there not named Roman Grosjean? I mean there are a load of young, talented, drivers out there and deserve a chance, whereas RG just seems like a below-par driver. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Not a fan of Gio? 

Well he's just a very average driver and doesn't really bring much to the table; seems pointless to keep him around for another year considering that he's only warming that seat for one of the upcoming Ferrari junior drivers.

5 hours ago, Eco said:

whereas RG just seems like a below-par driver. 

Harsh. He is error-prone but on a good day, he's one of the fastest out there. He was so good after he overcame his first big low. He should get help of his mental coach again, worked wonders for him in the Lotus days. 

So, Hülkenberg an option for Alfa or Williams? Seems like a stretch considering Ferrari owns an Alfa seat, and Williams will most likely go with Latifi? Or maybe they want another experienced driver next to young Russell, in which case Nico would be a good fit. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So, Hülkenberg an option for Alfa or Williams? Seems like a stretch considering Ferrari owns an Alfa seat, and Williams will most likely go with Latifi? Or maybe they want another experienced driver next to young Russell, in which case Nico would be a good fit. 

I think Latifi is set for Williams unless he fails to get the points required for the Superlicense. Williams need his father's money; don't think they could even afford Hülkenberg to be fair... 

I think Hülkenberg is still speculating with a potential seat in RB (if Albon gets demoted back to TR) or in a Ferrari (if Vettel's seat becomes available). Sauber would be cool but that seat is reserved for a Ferrari driver. And it seems they're sticking with Giovinazzi.

• Subscriber

Hulkenberg would do better to go and win a bunch of Le Mans or IndyCar or Sports car races and possible championships. Does he really want to drive a Williams again so that he can spend another year getting nowhere near the podium? He's spent a decade doing that. There is life beyond Formula 1. I like Nico but not a chance he gets a drive with Ferrari and Red Bull is fanciful at best. They haven't brought someone in outside their stable since they were a brand new team and signed Coulthard. They're not about to break that rule for Hulkenberg. Good driver but he's no Hamilton or Verstappen is he.

• Subscriber

“Yeah very much so, I believe,” said Hulkenberg, when asked if there were still chances for him to compete in F1 next year. “Nothing to announce, nothing is set in stone for now but I believe there is a very realistic chance. That’s a question that’s difficult to go into detail: it’s all confidential and sensitive stuff, as you imagine, but you can also see and imagine yourself what’s still out there. You can see for yourself. It’s going to need a bit more time until we know, and have clarity.”

Asked whether he was considering racing in other series, having previously contested (and won) the 2015 Le Mans 24 Hours for Porsche, Hulkenberg replied: “That’s not in my head to be honest, now.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.hulkenberg-says-he-has-very-realistic-chance-of-being-in-f1-next-year.58ZclFdPE9GzM0pkVSeooB.html

Saw an interview on SKY where they asked Hülkenberg if there was any contact with Frederic Vasseur in the past few days and he replied: "Bwoah, there were so many calls, mom, dad, friends, a few team principals. Hard to keep track, and I can't say anything right now." 

Mild hope?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Saw an interview on SKY where they asked Hülkenberg if there was any contact with Frederic Vasseur in the past few days and he replied: "Bwoah, there were so many calls, mom, dad, friends, a few team principals. Hard to keep track, and I can't say anything right now." 

Mild hope?

Kimi and Hülkenberg at Sauber would be amazing :x

Apparently he was offered a McLaren seat at IndyCar next season. Declined as he doesn't want to drive on ovals.

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Kimi and Hülkenberg at Sauber would be amazing :x

Apparently he was offered a McLaren seat at IndyCar next season. Declined as he doesn't want to drive on ovals.

Is Kimi confirmed? I was thinking that he wasn't confirmed that rumors were that he might hang it up. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Is Kimi confirmed? I was thinking that he wasn't confirmed that rumors were that he might hang it up. 

He's got contract for next season so unless he suddenly decides to retire he's confirmed... He seems to be enjoying it and doesn't rule out staying for even longer so I don't think he's likely to call it quits.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

He's got contract for next season so unless he suddenly decides to retire he's confirmed... He seems to be enjoying it and doesn't rule out staying for even longer so I don't think he's likely to call it quits.

Good - I like him. 

Archived