talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forums

21 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Dave @Devil-Dick Willie Random question but do you ever take a break from wrestling? The thing with it is is it never stops. In football you get a break. When you watch a great TV show you get a break. But with wrestling you don't. Do you ever take a break from it for a few weeks or so?

Yeah regularly. I mainly just watch YouTube clips that interest me now. Stories move slow in WWE and the stories are just rubbish in AEW.

Surprisingly the most clips I'm watching of a show at the minute are in Impact. I dont care if John Layfield is old, he could still beat up most of the AEW roster.

6 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Dave @Devil-Dick Willie Random question but do you ever take a break from wrestling? The thing with it is is it never stops. In football you get a break. When you watch a great TV show you get a break. But with wrestling you don't. Do you ever take a break from it for a few weeks or so?

Yeah all the time. Currently I'm taking a break from having a fucking life because it's week 9 of the semester, got 4 subjects plus working 4 days a week. I couldn't watch anything with any regularity at the moment.

On 19/09/2024 at 00:30, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah all the time. Currently I'm taking a break from having a fucking life because it's week 9 of the semester, got 4 subjects plus working 4 days a week. I couldn't watch anything with any regularity at the moment.

There are some great matches on YouTube for when you need your wrestling fix. 3 matches I want to see before I die. Austin v Hart, omega v okada, and hogan v Andre. I don't think hogan v Andre was a great match from what I've heard but it's so iconic every wrestling fan should see it . Obviously the other 2 are considered two of the greatest matches ever. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Dave Elimination chamber is expected to come to the UK next year. It might be done at the man city stadium which would mean it may be sold out for once @Happy Blue xD

You do know we are extending the stadium because of the amount of people on the season ticket waiting list right? 😂  ..we also STILL hold the attendance record outside of Wembley 😉 

8 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Happy Blue You can clearly see spaces when you play. Even in the big games xD 

The problem we have now is some rich cunts buy season tickets and turn up when they feel like it, it's a problem. the season ticket waiting list is huge hence why the stadium is being extended. for me if they don't turn up City should sell the seat again on match days as soon as it kicks off, if your not already in the stadium you lose the seat for that game :what:

Edited by Happy Blue

4 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Happy Blue I can't believe you don't have ticket rasale. Strange. Anyway this isnt the right thread for it. I was just winding up anyway lol 

We have season ticket exchange for 12 games a season but the problem is these people are not using it  ..i know 😉😂

Edited by Happy Blue

• 2 weeks later...

24 hours ago the AEW diehard fans were telling us that everything was Jimmy Jacobs fault and now everything was going to get better now he's left.

They then produced one of the worst endings to a show in a long time.

5 hours ago, Dave said:

24 hours ago the AEW diehard fans were telling us that everything was Jimmy Jacobs fault and now everything was going to get better now he's left.

They then produced one of the worst endings to a show in a long time.

Probably the worst thing I've ever seen in aew. It should have all been about Danielson retiring but he was on a stretcher. I don’t have an issue with moxley retiring him. He's still probably the main guy in aew when he's there regularly but not like that. The ppv itself was good I thought but a horrible ending.

However I'm not sure if he has been properly replaced yet and he may well of already planned much of the ending so it still could improve. 

I think cody was involved in a lot of story telling it was better then he was there. 

• Upvote 1

@6666 that's Harley Camerons fault I think. She's the one responsible to get her shoulder down. Perhaps a more experienced wrestler would of noticed it but its not really Anna's fault. To be honest it would of been better of the referee had said her shoulders weren't down I think. Its a shame because it was a good match. Anna Jay has been to Japan and has improved. AEW need to work on their presentation at times. Mistakes get covered up all the time with the right camera work. It's the kind of mistake you may get away with if it's in the independent scene and not televised but not on tv. 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Who should get the blame here?

Both the ref and Anna Jay for me.

The ref should have told Anna Jay that she needed both shoulders on the mat before counting. Anna Jay should have also ensured both shoulders were down and actually laid in a position that meant kicking out would have been an extremely hard thing to do.

AEW have a real training problem. A lot of the refs are inadequate, and in Rick Knox's case abysmal. Also all I've heard from 'smart fans' is how Anna Jay has improved ten fold after going to Japan. Based on what I've seen since she returned she hasn't improved enough.

I remember on William Regal's podcast he spent so much time on one episode explaining how to execute the right pin. Given he was in AEW for almost a year, it's clear that enough people that needed to listen to him didn't.

@Dave I don't think it was Anna's entirely. It was a finisher she should be on her back with her shoulders down surely?

Looking back though she should of rolled her over though so was more her fault than I first thought. I do agree about the ref he should of not excepted the pin.

As for Anna she has improved massively. That was an unfortunate error but she has got much better. Aew could do with doing house shows but they are hard to make money of of. However it would help with development 

Edited by Gunnersaurus