talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan @Devil-Dick Willie @6666 @Stan wow 30 years of never breaking keyfabe and then we see the undertaker cry at the hall of fame. 

He's broken keyfabe heaps? There's literally a doco about him as a person. Besides, biker taker was about as far removed from dead man as possible. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's broken keyfabe heaps? There's literally a doco about him as a person. Besides, biker taker was about as far removed from dead man as possible. 

That was just a different keyfabe though. He didn't break character of stage like most wrestlers do 

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The Briscoes and FTR had a Match of the Year Contender on the ROH show last night. Absolutely brilliant.

Colour me not surprised. 

FTR, and the Briscoes are the 2 best tag teams on the planet no doubt. Tag team wrestling, which AEW was supposed to revive, has died in the ass over the last few years.

Bucks went to shit the moment they left NJPW and the shackles came off. 
The other AEW tag teams are either fun or average mid card acts, or just as epileptic as the bucks. 

Over in NJPW

GOD are great, but a bit old, lacking their old explosive punch
Roppongi 3k split up. 
Evil and Sanada split up. 
Zack and Taichi are fun, but they're 2 singles wrestlers tagging together. 

And in WWE
Shamus and Cesaro are goneski
Imperium are great, but not huge enough stars. 
Viking Raiders been a joke since they left NXT.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Night One of WrestleMania is well worth a watch.

I wanted to see what kind of reaction cody had. Saw the entrance video on youtube. I know wrestlemania crowds are louder but it was still a very load pop. Didnt really expect it. I thought the crowd wouldn't care that much. Not sure if he will be there long though he didn't look happy in his promo I dont think[SPOILER/]

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The Briscoes and FTR had a Match of the Year Contender on the ROH show last night. Absolutely brilliant.

I'd imagine they'll come to aew sooner rather than later. I think ftr might turn face soon and possibly mjf and will align with another group. Possibly the gun club.

Got a link to that match? Cant find it online 

I heard that the main even lasted 12 minutes. This is why I cant get into wwe. I'm guessing that its more about making Roman look good so they can sell more toys. Which is fine. Wwe can still sell out 70 000 seater arenas and they make millions. But I'd rather watch decent wrestling. I mean this was a unification match. 

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I heard that the main even lasted 12 minutes. This is why I cant get into wwe. I'm guessing that its more about making Roman look good so they can sell more toys. Which is fine. Wwe can still sell out 70 000 seater arenas and they make millions. But I'd rather watch decent wrestling. I mean this was a unification match. 

Roman had a dislocated shoulder so they got there big moves in and wrapped up early.

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

This new Seth Rollins is fucking stupid. It's like if Liberace was given the role of playing The Joker.

Such a gross misuse. Post shield Rollins was at his hottest when he had no gimmick. He just wrestled god matches, said cut and dry babyface things, and the crowd loved him. 

Then he bought his own hype too much, said dumb shit to ospreay, got booked down a hole in that Hell in a Cell encounter with the fiend and it's been garbage city since. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2022 at 08:39, The Palace Fan said:

Looks like Tony Khan had a ton of cocaine yesterday.

We're all bots apparently.

Why what did he do?

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie 3 questions.

Have we seen sabre v danielson before?

Will we see it at forbidden door?

And will it be cum in your pants good?

No

I hope so

And yes. Sanada would also be a great opponent for him. But I think he's injured. 

Other matches I want to see would be 

Shingo Takagi vs anyone at all 

El Desperado vs Penta

Jay White (Or Ibushi or Ospreay) vs Kenny Omega. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Devil-Dick Willie @The Palace Fan I'm hoping we see punk v okada at forbidden door. It would be a huge draw I would imagine. Champion v champion match if punk beats hangman.

I hope scorpio sky keeps the tnt title for a while now. Its lost all credibility with all the title changes so needs a champion to keep it for a while to get some back. I actually think scorpio sky is actually better as a face. Not sure whether he has turned face or just temporarily against sammy. I personally thought that when he was a heel I didnt really care about him. He wasnt like mjf who you love to hate he was just not interesting. I think hes better as a face but not saying to much. Just keep the promos short. 

I'd rather Okada drop his title to Jay White at Dominion and then face Bryan Danielson to be honest. It would be 50/50 on who wins that one.

I'm not as stoked as everybody else on the forbidden door PPV. Dynamite is a mess at the minute with the amount of crap they're trying to fit in to a two hour show. There's too many storylines for the length of matches they like to have and creating more for a special PPV is just going to make everything more convoluted.

Tony Khan keeps making the mistake of treating his audience as if they're hardcore Wrestling fans as opposed to AEW fans. It feels like sometimes you need a PhD in ROH over the last 20 years, NJPW historical and present, NXT 1.0, historical PWG, AEW Dark and any other event there wrestlers work on just to understand what is going on. I liked ROH but nobody wanted that ROH women's title main event this week. There was no explanation or build as to who Deonna Purazzo is for those that dont watch Impact. It's only going to get worse if they start heavily promoting this cross over show and they just assume we all already know everything there is to know about Japanesse Wrestling.

• Upvote 1

I agree with everything @The Palace Fan has said. AEW is such a wrestling nerd jerk off, that needs to be tuned for a more general audience if they want to bring in millions of live viewers. 

Also, I'd much rather Punk Vs Jay as a heel vs face match, gaijin vs gaijin. 

My perfect forbidden door card would be the following (based on who's available and who's champion)

Jay vs Punk champ vs champ. (non title) 30 min
Tanahashi vs Omega for the IWGP US title. 25 min
Taiji Ishimori vs Adam Cole for the jnr belt 15-20 min
D Bry vs Okada (special match)25 min
Tama Tonga vs a bullet club member for the never title 10 min
Taichi and ZSJ vs Dino douche and jungle nuts for the AEW tag belts. 10-15 min

Just over 2 hours of stuff there, add in Ospreay, Hiromu, Mox and whoever else you need to jam in and you've got a nice 3 hour card. 

• Upvote 1

On 06/05/2022 at 12:04, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I agree with everything @The Palace Fan has said. AEW is such a wrestling nerd jerk off, that needs to be tuned for a more general audience if they want to bring in millions of live viewers. 

Also, I'd much rather Punk Vs Jay as a heel vs face match, gaijin vs gaijin. 

My perfect forbidden door card would be the following (based on who's available and who's champion)

Jay vs Punk champ vs champ. (non title) 30 min
Tanahashi vs Omega for the IWGP US title. 25 min
Taiji Ishimori vs Adam Cole for the jnr belt 15-20 min
D Bry vs Okada (special match)25 min
Tama Tonga vs a bullet club member for the never title 10 min
Taichi and ZSJ vs Dino douche and jungle nuts for the AEW tag belts. 10-15 min

Just over 2 hours of stuff there, add in Ospreay, Hiromu, Mox and whoever else you need to jam in and you've got a nice 3 hour card.

If they take the title off Adam Page, they're gonna have to give him a good win right after to rehab him. Giving him the title when people were caring more about the ex-WWE wrestlers that came in was a big mistake.

• Upvote 1

On 07/05/2022 at 19:03, 6666 said:

If they take the title off Adam Page, they're gonna have to give him a good win right after to rehab him. Giving him the title when people were caring more about the ex-WWE wrestlers that came in was a big mistake.

I can't see it happening with Tony Khan's booking. He will probably wrestle John Silver.

I didn't have a problem with Adam Page winning the title at Full Gear. His first two matches with Bryan Danielson were very good too, but to not build up potential challengers after that has been foolish and made his run feel flat.

At no point did Lance Archer, a man whose lost all the big matches, feel like a credible threat. At no point did Adam Cole, who lost to a hug against Orange Cassidy, feel like a credible threat. Now he's about to face his second legit challenger and everybody thinks he should lose.

MJF looked like the man after he beat CM Punk, Keith Lee had a solid debut before he was having a 50/50 match with JD Drake three weeks later, people were behind Malakai Black until he started doing all this on/off hocus pocus stuff, Adam Cole didn't have to lose to Orange Cassidy or Jungle Boy. There was enough people he could have made look like a legitimate threat instead of having Jay Lethal ranked number two because he won six matches on Dark nobody bothered to watch.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't see it happening with Tony Khan's booking. He will probably wrestle John Silver.

I didn't have a problem with Adam Page winning the title at Full Gear. His first two matches with Bryan Danielson were very good too, but to not build up potential challengers after that has been foolish and made his run feel flat.

At no point did Lance Archer, a man whose lost all the big matches, feel like a credible threat. At no point did Adam Cole, who lost to a hug against Orange Cassidy, feel like a credible threat. Now he's about to face his second legit challenger and everybody thinks he should lose.

MJF looked like the man after he beat CM Punk, Keith Lee had a solid debut before he was having a 50/50 match with JD Drake three weeks later, people were behind Malakai Black until he started doing all this on/off hocus pocus shit, Adam Cole didn't have to lose to Orange Cassidy or Jungle Boy. There was enough people he could have made look like a legitimate threat instead of having Jay Lethal ranked number two because he won six matches on Dark nobody bothered to watch.

This has been a HUGE ongoing problem with AEW, I have a post about it from a few pages ago that I will quote for convenience. Way too many challengers are shit, and don't belong near the title. There are 4 PPVS per year, so 4 title matches per year should be huge matches between 2 credible wrestlers, plus maybe 1 or 2 on TV, then maybe 2-3 per year TV title matches that are against a midcarder with a good run behind them. 

Instead most matches are against a midcarder with no booking behind them at all. 

• Upvote 1