talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

No effigy burning and national depression when the team loses in Pakistan, then?

Not that much as compared to past considering this particular generation is used to losing more often than not. There is also more consciousness about player's personal space and mental well being across world sport now so apart from social media you won't see much vitriol.

46 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Not that much as compared to past considering this particular generation is used to losing more often than not. There is also more consciousness about player's personal space and mental well being across world sport now so apart from social media you won't see much vitriol.

The W/L ratio isn’t that bad mate. Won five of the last ten tests

On 13/10/2022 at 06:12, Beelzebub said:

Babar is a poor captain he sticks to whatever game plan is given to him, makes no tactical changes depending on the situation. This has happened too many times to say he's in the learning phase. Make Shadab the captain.

This is why I mentioned bowlers being permanent captains being a rarity as far as I've seen the game. It's standard to make your best batter the captain. 

There is a bias against Misbah in Pakistani cricket circles from day one. My possible reasons for it

a) He made some enemies due to his habit of not minsing words

b) He made his breakthrough quite late in 30s so some people got pissed that an old guy got ahead of them

c) He tried to woo some important guy's wife

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

The Windies were disappointingly crushed by the Aussies, I hope the Saffas put up more of a fight. Maybe Warner can captain?

He 'withdrew his leadership bid' I read the other day?

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Enlighten me :D 

He stepped down because he claims the selectors he was appealing to had hired an outside party to sit in and  said third party has made ‘offensive remarks’ towards Warner on a personal level. Then he announced he is tired of the media bullshit of sandpapergate and that it has taken a toll on his family in particular. Shortly afterwards he  broke the news that the managerial staff and Cricket Australia knew about the ball tampering and encouraged it to happen.

Edited by Spike
  • Wow 1

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Spike said:

He stepped down because he claims the selectors he was appealing to had hired an outside party to sit in and  said third party has made ‘offensive remarks’ towards Warner on a personal level. Then he announced he is tired of the media bullshit of sandpapergate and that it has taken a toll on his family in particular. Shortly afterwards he  broke the news that the managerial staff and Cricket Australia knew about the ball tampering and encouraged it to happen.

Holy shit. That's quite something to allege - what's the general consensus of it all? Is there anything to actually prove CA knew about it?

There is no way that only Warner, Smith and Bancroft knew. Right from day 1 that was obvious to anyone with a brain. Countless fast bowlers have said that 'nothing happens to the ball without the bowlers input, and any change to a ball can immediately be felt by the bowler'. Then you have the fact that Handscome handed Bancroft the sacred paper after chatting to the coaches box on the walkie talkie, then you have the fact that Smith lied in his first press conference then after input from CA they changed the lie to a new lie. 

I have no doubt Warner and the team were encouraged, by coaches for sure (Lehman was getting that team to win at all costs with all sorts of scummy tactics and cheating, so why not this?) but by CA also.