talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm invited to a cricket match, but have absolutely no clue about it. Zero. Nada. Can somebody do a short summary of rules/gameplay/scoring etc, please? xD

Watching a match live is far better than sitting indoors watching it on tv, just keep your fingers crossed it's a lovely hot summers day match, stretch out on a seat or the grass with a hat on and make sure you have a few packs of lager ready and sup away, once you are nearly legless you won't worry about the rules as you will have double vision and see 4 balls instead of 1. xD

To be serious it's a relaxing game to watch, some people say cricket is too boring but it's not, I don't think I would like standing there as a batsman and seeing a hard round ball hurtling towards me at 90 odd miles an hour. O.o 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My analogies between football and cricket teams

Australia = Real Madrid

Somehow always manage to win, biggest team at the end of the day, hated by others

Pakistan = Arsenal

90s 2000s retro feelings, some greatest individual talent to this day, gradual decline to being a non serious team but kept showing something every now and then

India = Man Utd in fanbase, otherwise Chelsea

Historically a big team but started becoming really competitive around the same time as Chelsea. Now easily one of the best teams in the world

West Indies = AC Milan

History and legacy whenever comes to mind, everyone wishes to see them a top team again. Not much relevant now

New Zealand = Atletico Madrid

Always been competitive but fairly recent rise on getting the spotlight on big events.

England = England football team

Has immense team and player PR even when shit.

South Africa = pre-2008 Spain

Biggest names in the game but choked on biggest events, no excuse for it.

Sri Lanka = Portugal 

Became permanent on world stage fairly late but can't imagine tournaments without them now, really good in the 2000s

• Upvote 1

On 17/05/2022 at 02:33, Aladdin said:

My analogies between football and cricket teams

Australia = Real Madrid

Somehow always manage to win, biggest team at the end of the day, hated by others

Pakistan = Arsenal

90s 2000s retro feelings, some greatest individual talent to this day, gradual decline to being a non serious team but kept showing something every now and then

India = Man Utd in fanbase, otherwise Chelsea

Historically a big team but started becoming really competitive around the same time as Chelsea. Now easily one of the best teams in the world

West Indies = AC Milan

History and legacy whenever comes to mind, everyone wishes to see them a top team again. Not much relevant now

New Zealand = Atletico Madrid

Always been competitive but fairly recent rise on getting the spotlight on big events.

England = England football team

Has immense team and player PR even when shit.

South Africa = pre-2008 Spain

Biggest names in the game but choked on biggest events, no excuse for it.

Sri Lanka = Portugal 

Became permanent on world stage fairly late but can't imagine tournaments without them now, really good in the 2000s

Pakistan are surely Juventus. Cheats and corrupt.

My top 10 most impactful white ball performances for Pakistan in the last decade

10. Razzaq vs South Africa 2010 series

9. Afridi vs West Indies 2013

8. Gul vs South Africa 2012 WT20

7. Gul vs England 2010 Series

6. Afridi vs India 2014 Asia Cup final

5. Fakhar vs India 2017 CT Final

4. Junaid vs India 2012-13 series

3. Sarfraz v South Africa 2015 WC

2. Babar vs New Zealand 2019 WC

1. Amir vs India 2017 CT Final

Edited by Aladdin
  • Upvote 1

On 18/05/2022 at 04:37, Aladdin said:

In that sense more like Argentina. Infamous for cheating, mostly by Anglosphere. But who wants to see the sport without them? 

Gonna be honest, I wouldn't notice much, not that I dislike Pakistan or anything I just don't really have any sort of sporting animosity like other teams, I don't mind the Ind v Pak series but I really don't fuss much over Aus v Pak. In terms of my interest of opposition for Australia

1. England
  2. New Zealand
  3. South Africa
  4. West Indies
  5. India
  6. Sri Lanka
  7. Pakistan
  8. Bangladesh
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What a match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Lucknow Super Giants tonight in the IPL. 

Brilliant entertainment. Patidar looks a hot talent. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Stan said:

Brilliant entertainment. Patidar looks a hot talent. 

It was nice seeing him step up when things looked bleak and he scored the first century in an Eliminator which his team needed. The other person who really showed up was Harshal. TBF to Lucknow they really shot themselves in the foot with the sloppy fielding which completely turned the game and gave Patidar his century.

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Gonna be honest, I wouldn't notice much, not that I dislike Pakistan or anything I just don't really have any sort of sporting animosity like other teams, I don't mind the Ind v Pak series but I really don't fuss much over Aus v Pak. In terms of my interest of opposition for Australia

1. England
  2. New Zealand
  3. South Africa
  4. West Indies
  5. India
  6. Sri Lanka
  7. Pakistan
  8. Bangladesh

That's not just you but most of Australia and top three countries you mentioned. This is what I hinted towards in the unpopular sports opinion about cricket, cricket fundamentally has a super league where no one gets in or gets out.

• Administrator

Considering they were about 39-6 at one stage, NZ have done well to recover to get to 116-9.

Fabulous debut for Potts. 4-13 but has just gone off injured. 

• 2 weeks later...