talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm starting to think the deterioration in physical health which happened to so many through covid due to lockdowns, shut gyms and golf courses, etc may really leave a mark.

Also covid itself can leave huge marks and lead to long term heart and lung conditions so this is no anti covid comment.

It's just absolutely critical that we all get out and start exercising again and putting our well-being first and try restore our baseline to our pandemic levels.

Yeah definitely that and not 40 straight years of drinking, eating pies, smoking durries, and doing lines that did him in. Definitely the pandemic's fault

2 hours ago, Spike said:

He was a drunk, a sleaze, a womaniser, lazy, arrogant, and a really shit commentator, but he was our wanker and the only guy in cricket that I loved to love and loved to hate at the same time. 

I enjoyed getting angry at his nonsensical commentary because he was such a glorious cunt. 

I like Australian commentator's, especially Warne. The English treat a bit as they don't want to upset people, apart from boycott. I found the Aussies just say it as it is. 

Watch Warnes video on Saeed Anwar, he shows some really good cricket knowledge.

Also he shagged a peak Liz Hurley. 

Just now, Spike said:

Yeah definitely that and not 40 straight years of drinking, eating pies, smoking durries, and doing lines that did him in. Definitely the pandemic's fault

Being honest, even during his peak cricket years. He never looked in good shape lol.

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

I like Australian commentator's, especially Warne. The English treat a bit as they don't want to upset people, apart from boycott. I found the Aussies just say it as it is. 

Watch Warnes video on Saeed Anwar, he shows some really good cricket knowledge.

Also he shagged a peak Liz Hurley. 

I think she was a little past her peak like in her late 40s xD

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Being honest, even during his peak cricket years. He never looked in good shape lol.

He would chow on burgers during tea breaks madman

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think she was a little past her peak like in her late 40s xD

He would chow on burgers during tea breaks madman

Being honest, she is in her 50's and looks immense. He got to her before the ultra baggy hole stage of her life.

• Haha 1

• Administrator

Pakistan giving the 506 run chase a brilliant effort. Babar now has the highest test score by a captain in 4th innings in test cricket history (187*). 

Will be immense if they can pull this chase off. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bangladesh won the toss and bowled first at kingsmead.   nobody does that and they know why.  Kingsmead on day 5 is like a day 1 second second hour pitch in India.  turn, fizz and irregular bounce.   a nightmare.

Maharaja 7/32 and harmer with 7 wickets on his return led a depleted S.A. team to a mauling of the bangal tigers.

a comprehensive win again by 332 runs bowling Bangladesh out for 80 this time, our standards dropped as they were bowled out for 54 in Durban.   

this is a south Africa  team without Makram(no loss), Russie vd Dussen, Rabada, Ngidi and Marco Jansen.   Ryan Rickleton showed enough to replace Markram who is out of form.   Harmer and Maharaj took 28 of the 40 wickets and both added runs with the bat.   Mulder and Williams will make way for Jansen and Rabada.  Nortjie, Ngidi and Olivier are the alternative seam options.

Elgar

Erwee

Pietersen

RvdD

Bavuma

Rickleton/Verrayne wk

Maharaj

Harmer

Jansen

Rabada

Ngidi/Olivier/pretorius

can go 2/3 spin and seam or 2/2 or 1/3 with an additional batter

• Administrator
2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

a comprehensive win again by 332 runs bowling Bangladesh out for 80 this time, our standards dropped as they were bowled out for 54 in Durban.   

this is a south Africa  team without Makram(no loss), Russie vd Dussen, Rabada, Ngidi and Marco Jansen.   Ryan Rickleton showed enough to replace Markram who is out of form.   Harmer and Maharaj took 28 of the 40 wickets and both added runs with the bat.   Mulder and Williams will make way for Jansen and Rabada.  Nortjie, Ngidi and Olivier are the alternative seam options.

Elgar

Erwee

Pietersen

RvdD

Bavuma

Rickleton/Verrayne wk

Maharaj

Harmer

Jansen

Rabada

Ngidi/Olivier/pretorius

can go 2/3 spin and seam or 2/2 or 1/3 with an additional batter

Considering the likes of Du Plessis, ABDV, De Kock, Amla, Steyn, Tahir, Philander, Morkel from about 5/6 years ago have since retired and carried a hell of a lot of experience and talent, you've come out the other end of a transition period extremely well.

There's a very strong squad to be had as above. Nortje, Ngidi, Rabada, Olivier, Jansen, Rickelton, Verreyne, Mulder, all have plenty of years left in them as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm invited to a cricket match, but have absolutely no clue about it. Zero. Nada. Can somebody do a short summary of rules/gameplay/scoring etc, please? xD 

Do you know what format of match it is? It'll differ if it's a Test Match, One Day International (ODI) or T20 match.

General rules in any format:

• 11 players per side. Each side plays an innings - in Test matches, each side gets two innings. 
  • The side batting first will aim to score as many runs* as possible
  • The side bowling first will aim to get the batting side out by 10 wickets** and restricting them to as few runs as possible
  • The bowling side will bowl 'overs'. An over is where a bowler gets 6 balls to bowl at the batsman. 

*Scoring/Runs

• Batsmen can 'run' in between the stumps after hitting the ball. This can be any amount of runs - generally 1, 2 or 3 as the fielding side will often get the ball back to the bowler or wicket-keeper.
  • 'Boundaries'. Two types. A four is where the batsman hits the ball and it gets to the 'boundary' on the perimeter of the pitch after hitting the ground. A six is where the ball is hit and goes over the boundary, without hitting the floor
  • There are also 'extras' such as wides, no balls, leg-byes.

**Wickets

• Various ways to get a batsman out include:
    • Bowled out - the bowler hits the stumps and the bails (on top of the stumps) are removed
    • Leg-before-wicket - LBW - the ball hits the batsman infront of the line of the stumps without hitting the bat. 
    • Caught out - the batsman has hit the ball and the fielder catches it without hitting the ground
    • Run out - the fielding side has thrown the ball to the bowler or wicket-keeper and the bails are removed, with ball in hand, before the batsman has made it back to their crease. 

T20 is where you'll get the most fun and fireworks - there's more likely to be big hitting from the batsman and that's usually what excites the crowds these days. It lasts 20 overs each innings. 

ODIs are 50 overs each side. 

Test Matches - hold a bit more tactics and strategy and are much longer, lasting over 5 days. A purer form of cricket! The best, in my opinion!

• Like 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you know what format of match it is? It'll differ if it's a Test Match, One Day International (ODI) or T20 match.

I have absolutely no idea; just got asked if I would like to go some time, and said yes xD 

Thanks for the summary :D 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Considering the likes of Du Plessis, ABDV, De Kock, Amla, Steyn, Tahir, Philander, Morkel from about 5/6 years ago have since retired and carried a hell of a lot of experience and talent, you've come out the other end of a transition period extremely well.

There's a very strong squad to be had as above. Nortje, Ngidi, Rabada, Olivier, Jansen, Rickelton, Verreyne, Mulder, all have plenty of years left in them as well. 

our turnover was similar to Australia post Gilly, Warne, McGrath, Waugh brothers, Manger, Hayden then eventually Ponting and Hussey.   It is impossible to replace the Kallis, AB and Amla but it's up to 6th is younger group and the emerging talents like Brevis, van Tonder, Roelofson etc can shape a new future core.   

this team has some good experience to in Bavuma, Elgar, Russie, Harmer

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

I have absolutely no idea; just got asked if I would like to go some time, and said yes xD 

Thanks for the summary :D 

Go for it! Enjoy it nonetheless. Like any sport it probably takes a few events or matches to get properly into it (if you really want to!). 

You're welcome - ask away!

• Upvote 1