Port Vale vs Salford
Stevenage vs Leyton Orient
Swindon vs Exeter
Walsall vs Crewe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Our record against Forest Green is a bit all over the place so it's one of those that could genuinely go either way and be tough to call. We haven't beat them in our last 3 attempts but it's always a bloody good game as they continuously seek revenge for us beating them in the National League Play Off Final. They've lost their last 3 games and we've had a wobbly run of form but have managed to get some alright results of late. 

I remember being at Elland Road last April for this one.

Sun baked Good Friday afternoon, automatic in our own hands, home to a sold out crowd against a side with the worst away record in the Football League, 1-0 to the good and Wigan doen to 10 men.

Life was good....and then we did a Leeds and it all ended rather sour.

So I won't take nothing for granted but we have to be beating them really. Simple as that.

Hopefully Millwall can be our turning point and help us kick on again.

Same team for me but with Big Kev on the bench ready.

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

The atmosphere at this game is a prime example as to why clubs shouldn’t build a stadium specifically for Premier League attendances

Hardly fair. It was built by the council in 2002 for both football, rugby and concerts.    Attendances have plummeted from a reasonable 15-17k in the championship to around 12k due to various factors but none larger than the ownership.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Hardly fair. It was built by the council in 2002 for both football, rugby and concerts.    Attendances have plummeted from a reasonable 15-17k in the championship to around 12k due to various factors but none larger than the ownership.

Maybe a bit unfair on you but I was more thinking about our new stadium tbh that will be 17,500 and how bad it could be if we were thousands of seats over that and over our own support. Obviously you’ve had ownership issues but lots of other clubs have had similarly big stadiums with an attendance that doesn’t follow, Middlesbrough in the Championship comes to mind

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The atmosphere at this game is a prime example as to why clubs shouldn’t build a stadium specifically for Premier League attendances

Speaking of fans, I don't understand why Brentford don't take more?

Shocking attendance for a team competing for automatic in my eyes.

Just now, Lucas said:

Speaking of fans, I don't understand why Brentford don't take more?

Shocking attendance for a team competing for automatic in my eyes.

a. we never take well to Yorkshire in comparison to other places, don’t know why. b. we’ve just gone from 5k-6k attendances to 10k-11k in a few years, away attendances don’t catch up. We’re a small club and will have some small followings throughout the course of a season

1 minute ago, Danny said:

a. we never take well to Yorkshire in comparison to other places, don’t know why. b. we’ve just gone from 5k-6k attendances to 10k-11k in a few years, away attendances don’t catch up. We’re a small club and will have some small followings throughout the course of a season

I get that but I dunno, I'd have thought the fans would be jumping on this as you are right up there.

It's funny because if you are going to Hull with 3 or 4 games to go and it's in your hands, i reckon you'd probably sell out. 

Should imagine if you get in the PL you will.

Just now, Lucas said:

I get that but I dunno, I'd have thought the fans would be jumping on this as you are right up there.

It's funny because if you are going to Hull with 3 or 4 games to go and it's in your hands, i reckon you'd probably sell out. 

Should imagine if you get in the PL you will.

Hull away isn’t really an exciting fixture, if we get to the Prem then we’ll probably sell out a lot of aways because of the novelty.

As a Leeds fan your perspective is probably from a “why can’t you sell this out” mentality. Our perspective is that we’ve spent the last however many decades in League 1 and 2, small club, proper small club, 1 of 4 in west London, Spurs, Arsenal and even West Ham competing for support not to mention glory hunters for United, Liverpool etc. If this fixture was later in the run in then we may sell out but otherwise the numbers are probably about right for what we’d normally bring up

We’re tinpot Brentford, teams like Brentford, just a bus stop in Hounslow etc etc

• The topic was unpinned

Archived