The better place to talk football.

Kalidou Koulibaly to Manchester City?

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Salford Kel said:

Na, there are millions in Japan and Korea better

To be fair, you wouldn't know as you haven't seen those Japanese/Koreans nor Koulibaly in your life.

I'd honestly say Koulibaly is in the top 10, maybe even top 5 behind Van Dijk, Godin, Pepe and Varane.

Just now, Blue said:

To be fair, you wouldn't know as you haven't seen those Japanese/Koreans nor Koulibaly in your life.

I'd honestly say Koulibaly is in the top 10, maybe even top 5 behind Van Dijk, Godin, Pepe and Varane.

I'd imagine I've seen more games with a Korean in than you have to be fair as I am not a FIFA/FM statto 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

If the £80m for Maguire thing was true then we definitely need someone decent in charge of transfers

Apparently Tarkowski has been valued at £50m so if that's the going rate then Maguire should be £80m xD 

Transfer fees these days are ridiculous as it is.

I'd imagine I've seen more games with a Korean in than you have to be fair as I am not a FIFA/FM statto 

I seriously fucking doubt it Kel.

Also have to love the classic "I hate this person, so that automatically makes him a FIFA/FM statto". 

Just now, Blue said:

I seriously fucking doubt it Kel.

Also have to love the classic "I hate this person, so that automatically makes him a FIFA/FM statto". 

Why would I hate someone because I think they post nonsense on the internet? Chill out and don't take it so seriously. 

1 minute ago, Salford Kel said:

Why would I hate someone because I think they post nonsense on the internet? Chill out and don't take it so seriously. 

Who said I took it seriously?

I don't mind you. You just need to chill out with the insults. They are unnecessary especially when you disagree with someone.

I wouldn't say I attacked you either, all I said was that Koulibaly is one of the best defenders in the world when you said the targets are pony. I was disagreeing with you, albeit somewhat rudely xD

Just now, Blue said:

Who said I took it seriously?

I don't mind you. You just need to chill out with the insults. They are unnecessary especially when you disagree with someone.

I wouldn't say I attacked you either, all I said was that Koulibaly is one of the best defenders in the world when you said the targets are pony. I was disagreeing with you, albeit somewhat rudely xD

It's not the targets it's the valuation and the fact that other things aren't taken into consideration such as where we need to strenghten. This goes back to when Ferguson bought Veron, a great player who wasn't as bad for us as is made out, but completely not needed. It was a vanity signing. Berbatov is another example, so wrong for United it was unreal yet also cost about 3 x his worth

If I had to list the 10 best central defenders in the world, it'd probably be something like this. No particular order.

Van Dijk

Pepe

Varane

Godin

Koulibaly

Chiellini

Umtiti

Alderwereild

Verthongen

Ramos

That was actually kind of a hard list to make. I think Van Dijk, Pepe, Godin and Koulibaly are clear choices, the rest were kind of difficult but I think it's a fair 10. I was so close to leaving Ramos out of it, but as average as he is defensively, he posesses a few traits that can have him sneak in. I rate him higher than Boateng anyways.

It's not the targets it's the valuation and the fact that other things aren't taken into consideration such as where we need to strenghten. This goes back to when Ferguson bought Veron, a great player who wasn't as bad for us as is made out, but completely not needed. It was a vanity signing. Berbatov is another example, so wrong for United it was unreal yet also cost about 3 x his worth

I haven't seen United at all this season, but Koulibaly genuinely is a world class footballer. He was a revelation when he joined Napoli and got better by season. I know 91 million is a lot, but he's under 30 years old still, is one of the best of his generation and in an inflated market.

I get the latter takes some time for us to get used to, but at the end of the day it's how the modern day market is and we just need to accept it. I will say this though, United are still focusing on profile and could do with getting someone much less known but very talented nevertheless. Maybe from the Belgian or Dutch leagues. The former is where Koulibaly came from.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Is he any better than Skriniar though? Absolute monster of a CB. He'd cost United probably 20 million less and much younger. 

Edit: Nvm. Just saw an article where he said his link with United is 'shit talk' xD

I've not seen Skriniar a whole lot, but that's kind of the point I was getting at. You could get someone very talented nevertheless and for less money. United really need to learn it's not always about profile.

Personally, I don't think they could get much better than Koulibaly but the standard is very high and someone from a feeder league could possibly do the job United are looking for, so it's up to them really.

5cc20df7b612d.jpeg

Apparently SSC Napoli have rejected a €90m offer from Real Madrid CF in an attempt to solve the defensive issues the Madrid based club have. This has intensified during the week due to the rumours club captain Sergio Ramos could be leaving the club and a replacement is seriously required. Real Madrid were looking to sort out their defensive issues anyway but Florentino Pérez is finding it very difficult to sort out the massive player salary issues at the club combined with the restructuring of the squad. Money to spend on transfers as a fee isn't an issue, that money is there, but they have to reduce the wages and there are also sales to be made on players that are no longer required.

Koulibaly is the defender Real Madrid really want and the player is apparently desperate to go there but Real Madrid's problems as above with the fact that Napoli's president Aurelio de Laurentiis isn't a man to be messed with makes it all very complicated.

On 26/05/2019 at 17:35, SirBalon said:

5cc20df7b612d.jpeg

Apparently SSC Napoli have rejected a €90m offer from Real Madrid CF in an attempt to solve the defensive issues the Madrid based club have. This has intensified during the week due to the rumours club captain Sergio Ramos could be leaving the club and a replacement is seriously required. Real Madrid were looking to sort out their defensive issues anyway but Florentino Pérez is finding it very difficult to sort out the massive player salary issues at the club combined with the restructuring of the squad. Money to spend on transfers as a fee isn't an issue, that money is there, but they have to reduce the wages and there are also sales to be made on players that are no longer required.

Koulibaly is the defender Real Madrid really want and the player is apparently desperate to go there but Real Madrid's problems as above with the fact that Napoli's president Aurelio de Laurentiis isn't a man to be messed with makes it all very complicated.

How realistic do you think it is that Ramos will leave mate? Is his request to leave something we've seen before or an unprecedented step?

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

How realistic do you think it is that Ramos will leave mate? Is his request to leave something we've seen before or an unprecedented step?

He’s been tactical in the past with his “I want to leave” shock statements. But this time it’s being taken seriously and he is apparently in a dispute by demanding he leave for free and that he will negate on the remainder of his contract.

• The topic was locked

Archived