talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 2-0 Sheff Utd - Thursday 16th July, 2020

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he wants him to be a deep lying playmaker. He loves deep lying playmakers and I think if Youri can be molded into one, he'd be a very quality one. He's got all of the right attributes, at least.

Certainly showed it today. Won the ball back well and played the right balls at the right time. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, Danny said:

Aye but you weren’t expected to finish top 4 and those results you were getting consistently were not maintainable

And I get frustrations over it but watching some of the posts about Leicester on here you’d think you that you’ve massively bottled something you were expected to do, when in reality you’re punching above your weight

Even United and Chelsea fans don’t have the meltdowns over their shitform that you lot have been having 

Either way it was probably borne out of a lot of frustration from getting in to such a good commanding position and nearly letting it slip. So that, in effect, is the 'bottling' part. Even if we weren't expected to get it in the first place.

• Subscriber

If I can sit there and slaughter Rodgers for the last few games then I'll give him big praise for today. Even if it was kind of forced - Luke Thomas came in and he did really well. Very early days of course but that could've gone very wrong. A real 'sink or swim' test and he's definitely swam today. He was really good.

Tielemans absolutely ran the game.

Lets not dwell on the past. It's swung back our way again now. The confidence looked back, the fight was there, we looked like we had a real point to prove today. That's everything I can get behind. Even if we had thrown that away today I'd have been more sympathetic than angry because you really felt we went for it.

Lets get Tottenham beaten now. The floor is yours Thomas.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Danny said:

Aye but you weren’t expected to finish top 4 and those results you were getting consistently were not maintainable

And I get frustrations over it but watching some of the posts about Leicester on here you’d think you that you’ve massively bottled something you were expected to do, when in reality you’re punching above your weight

Even United and Chelsea fans don’t have the meltdowns over their shitform that you lot have been having 

That post was before the game if that changes anything.

• The title was changed to Leicester 2-0 Sheff Utd - Thursday 16th July, 2020

If I was a Leicester fan, I would be gutted to drop out the Champions League places. I totally get it.

Forget about the fact there are bigger clubs below them, which there are, they had a formidable lead that really and truly they should have seen out. You cannot take a collapse like that on the chin just because that's not where they expected to be.

They still might, and I hope they do. But they might never get as good a chance as they had for a long time whilst the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Spurs and Arsenal were suffering as bad as they had this year.

I hope they still do it but they will have to beat Spurs and avoid defeat against Man Utd and that looks dicey.

• Administrator

Quite a post-match interview here! Brutal yet honest. 

'they're not thick, I think they're bright. They're bright when it comes to contracts' xD

1 hour ago, Dan said:

That post was before the game if that changes anything.

Fair dos but it still sounds like you need some beta blockers, god knows how you’ll react when you’re actually doing shit xD

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Fair dos but it still sounds like you need some beta blockers, god knows how you’ll react when you’re actually doing shit xD

Like I've said before, I react to a trajectory more than a league position. I've got some faith back after today. That today was everything we'd been lacking.

• Subscriber

Luke Thomas really was good. I remember when Chilwell first emerged there was talk we had another left back coming through who they thought was as good. I actually think Thomas had a better game than Chilwell has had in quite a while - he used the ball a lot better. I was really quite impressed with him. I think it's a massively risky move Rodgers took but I didn't want to slate it because I think it can be quite a character builder, sometimes throwing them in at the deep end can actually really be the making of them.

Thomas will play our next two and I don't think anybody will complain. I'm impressed with him. Great work today. He should be proud of himself.

Archived