talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 4 - British GP (31 July - 2nd Aug)

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an ending to the race. "He's a lucky boy" sums it up. :D But yea, now Red Bull got an extra point instead of 9 extra points. Unlucky. Quite an interesting race with many interesting things happening. Albon crashing Magnussen out, Kvyat crashing, Grosjean trying to kill Sainz... I enjoyed it. Hopefully the next one will feature the Hulk! 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Why didn't they bring Bottas in to pit straight away?

They did... he had to go round the full lap to actually get into the pits though. Hamilton was more lucky as he only had a few corners left until the finish line.

Just now, nudge said:

They did... he had to go round the full lap to actually get into the pits though. Hamilton was more lucky as he only had a few corners left until the finish line.

Imagine if it happened 2-3 corners earlier, Max would have had him. My heart was racing for Max to catch him. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

My bad. I thought he was near the pit lane when it popped.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

My bad. I thought he was near the pit lane when it popped.

He'd just turned the final corner. Very unfortunate timing.

• The topic was unpinned
11 hours ago, Stan said:

And finally he was able to say "Bono, my tyre is gone". But yea, it took a big amount of skill to bring the car home like he did. Some other hothead would have thrown it away in panic. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Probably the first time in my short time as an F1 fanatic that I was thoroughly impressed with Hamilton's skill. When that tire blew, the handling of that car as it began to spark up and catch fire, and then finish in 1st? Stellar performance from Lewis. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I knew it! Even though he apologized, I knew it wasn't his fault and most likely a tyre failure. 

See, that's why ORF is better - the commentators immediately said it was a tyre puncture as it happened and they showed the slow-mo analysis of the accident showing how it happened straight after the race :P 

In all seriousness, it was a scary crash. He went straight into the wall. No tyre barriers, no armco...

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

See, that's why ORF is better - the commentators immediately said it was a tyre puncture as it happened and they showed the slow-mo analysis of the accident showing how it happened straight after the race :P 

In all seriousness, it was a scary crash. He went straight into the wall. No tyre barriers, no armco...

Yeah - they were saying on F1 TV that it wasn't his fault, although obviously he thought differently. 

Certainly a hard and scary crash, and I'm just glad he is alright.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Nick Heidfeld and Sascha Roos on Germany SKY said it must have been a tyre failure as well. And they didn't have a weird accent. :ph34r:

• Administrator

Hahahaha Kimi kills me xD. Box box box... STAY OUT STAY OUT STAY OUT STAY OUT! 

RP - Use energy 

Stroll - I have nothing left!

RP - You have lots of energy left, press the energy button! 

Archived